Fashion

Friday, June 12, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: SMASHBOX BIONIC MASCARA

On the box: Bionic is the first ionic mascara for longer, stronger and more voluminous super- power lashes! the specially engineered brush gently coats lashes with our revolutionary long- wearing, water- resistant formula for a high impact lash in just one sweep. aloe, wheat protein, and silk strengthen and condition

Smashbox is around 995php. I bought this one in Beauty Bar. This is their latest lash product along with the Lash DNA.

The bristles are soft and it looks like the classic look of mascara brushes. No twisted design or whatsoever. Bristles are not made of plastic but made of the traditional hair for mascara brushes. The texture of the mascara is ultimately creamy and has no strong odor.

THE VERDICT:

After 2 years, I finally decided to take a risk in purchasing from Smashbox again. I wasn't really impressed with their mascaras and powders so I vowed to remove Smashbox out of my list. Smashbox's Bionic Mascara is the first Ionic Mascara (I dunno how that works) made by the brand. It's a new formula and it promises lush and longer lashes. As compared to their That's A Wrap Mascara, which is a waste of money. 

This is one of the good mascaras that I've tried so far. In a swipe, you can see a bit of additional volume on your lashes. 3 coats and your good to go, batting your lashes away all throughout the day. Surprisingly, it's not clumpy as compared to That's A Wrap. It dries relatively fast and the formula makes your lashes obedient when you curl it. 

Will I buy it again? Hmm...yes, but not to a point where I'll make it one of my staple mascara brands. Maybelline's Colossal Mascara could do the same effect at a cheaper cost (I hope they bring it to the Philippines!).


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion