Fashion

Friday, June 19, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: LAURA MERCIER CAVIAR EYELINER IN BLACK

I already have the brush set i ordered so i was able to use (finally) my Laura Mercier Caviar Eyeliner.

Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Liner is an innovative semi-creme eye liner with a velvet matte finish that delivers long-lasting pure colour with a rich texture similar to the Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencils. 
  • Perfect for creating a classic, smudged line or smoky eyes
  • Mistake-proof formula never drops colour onto the cheek or face
  • Use dry for a smoky look
  • Pop out your favorite shade from its compact and place it in a Custom Compact for a customized colour palette
source: lauramercier.com

This baby retails for $22. It comes in Black, Chestnut and Gray. It once had an Emerald (dark green shade) but Laura Mercier discontinued the color. I bought this for 650php at makeup4sale.multiply.com. I'm not sure if Rustan's is carrying this brand because the last time I checked the LM counter in glorietta, I didn't see any of these except for the cake eyeliner and the Kohl pencils. But then again, I may not have looked well  enough. I was kinda' in a hurry during that time.

THE VERDICT:

Okay, I used this last night to create my EOTD and I must say I'm loving the velvet texture of this eye liner. It's matte, easy to apply and ultimately creamy. A swipe on your lash line is good enough to create a line and build for a more dramatic look. What's good about this product is, it doubles as an eyeshadow so you could create a smoky look with just one product. Now that's a steal.

If you don't have steady hands or can't simply draw a perfect line, this baby is good for you. I must admit, putting eye liner on my eyes is never my skill since I have shaky hands. But the texture of this really helps in creating a fool- proof line on your lash line.

To top it all, you'll love how it literally enhances your eyes, even without the mascara. The matte and velvet texture appears natural on your eyes so you wouldn't worry about shiny black lines on your lids, screaming "HEY LOOK I'M FAKING MY LASHES!" :D

Now for the test- run, I wore this today to school.

11:30 A.M.: I finished my look by applying the LM Caviar Eyeliner. In just 5 mins. I was able to line both of my lids because it's so easy to apply. Primed my lids using Kryolan's Eye Shadow Base

5:30 P.M.: I had two classes today from 1- 4 P.M and commuted via jeep to Tomas Morato. I also passed by an MMDA bridge because the jeep took a wrong turn so in short, imagine all the sweat, dirt and oil that this eye liner had to go through during the day. As you can see, there's a bit of a black line on my arch since I had a very busy and not to mention, "walking" day so even if I'm wearing a different brand, it'll still smudge. We all know how it is here in the Philippines (I'm talking about the environment, weather and pollution). I also found little smudges below my eyes but there's still some eye liner left on my lash line, which proves that it has a relatively good staying power. It didn't smudge like hell, thus making me look like a raccoon unlike The Face Shop's gel liner. 

Would I buy this again? Maybe yes. But I'd like to try MAC's fluidline if ever this baby empties up. But as of the moment, I'm loving the coverage and the staying power. I wanna buy something else for comparison's sake.

But then again. any eyeshadow or eyeliner will smudge unless you prep your skin before make- up. Believe me, those primers and bases weren't made for nothing. They really help your make- up stick!

**To remedy LM's smudges around my eyes, I just patted on some powder on the areas with smudge and voila! I'm looking fresh and pretty again. :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion