Fashion

Monday, June 29, 2009

BEAUTY BATTLES: MY COLLECTION OF VOLUMIZING MASCARAS

For this edition of the Beauty Battles, let's look at Volumizing mascaras.

Here's my collection of volumizing mascaras. It's the treatment that i need the most for my lashes since I have long but sparse lashes on the upper and lower lash line. Volumizing mascaras always does the trick for me in faking my twiggy- like lashes. :)


L- R: Maybelline's Great Lash Mascara, Maybelline Volum Express mascara, Avon Supershock Mascara, Chanel Inmitable Waterproof Mascara


I have tried Lancome, Clinique, Maybelline, Estee Lauder, The Face Shop, Chanel, Skinfood, Dior, Clarins, L'oreal, Nichido, Ever Bilena, Bobbi Brown, Max Factor, Cover Girl and Rimmel mascaras since I'm a mascara eater. It's a staple in my make- up stash. So far, Lancome will always have a soft spot in my heart. But I had to let go of lemming for definicils, flextencils and virtuose because they're too expensive. I found my new volumizing mascara in Maybelline's Colossal Mascara but unfortunately, it's unavailable in the Philippines. I hope they bring it here!


So here's a comparison of the four mascaras. I didn't change their positions so refer to the first pic for the brands.

MAYBELLINE GREAT LASH
- Paris Hilton swears by this brand and it has been consistently the number 1 mascara in numerous magazine and beauty awards. Great Lash swears to improve your lashes' volume up to 70%. And when it says it's waterproof, it really means it. The wand is in a spiral form, and rolling it over your lashes is the right way to use this so you'll effectively make use of the form of the bristles. The formula is so good, even if the bristles are not. It's what makes this formula a winner. Maybelline has produced some of the greatest mascaras in the market and this baby is a classic! Unfortunately, it is unavailable in the Philippines. I got this from a direct seller and I purchased mine for 180php only. Before, it's available locally and was sold for around 400php+. Make sure you ask your relatives abroad to haul you at least two tubes because hauling a lot might not seem like a great idea because you have to dispose the tube after 3 mos.

MAYBELLINE VOLUM EXPRESS MASCARA
- Another favorite of mine when Great Lash was pulled out from the country. The brush hair was thick and the form of the wand is curved, to help create curls and for the semi- U part to specifically catch your lashes when you apply it on. The case is also similar to Maybelline's Colossal mascara. This baby gives you good volume as well. This mascara is washable so expect to see some smudges after some time when you're wearing it.

AVON SUPERSHOCK MASCARA
-This promises to boost your lashes' volume up to 120%. It was so promising in the brochure so I grabbed one. It really shocked me because of the huge wand with plastic bristles that are aligned in a line. The tube is bigger than the normal mascara tubes and is fat, so I have high hopes and expectations from this mascara since the tube and the wand are BIG, it's like an in-your-face "I'm the best volumizing mascara there is." Surprisingly, the formula didn't shock me at all. In fact, Avon's Astonishing Lengths mascara gives much better volume than this one. This also has a tendency to clump when you apply too much. So maybe that's the "shock" in this product. SHOCKINGLY CLUMPY LASHES. :D But don't worry, just use a lash separator to remedy the clumps. But if you have thick lashes, this would do you good. It'll enhance your already thick lashes. Worth trying, but not worth repurchasing.

CHANEL INMITABLE MASCARA WATERPROOF
- Chanel claims that this mascara is precisely made and engineered to give tons of volume to your lashes. The wand is well- engineered: Bristles are strategically aligned and positioned so as to catch every single lash. The formula is made of good wax that glides on easily, clump- free and dries off to a natural finish. The result, natural looking thick lashes. And these characteristics are priced at a whopping 1750php. Well, it does give you your money's worth, at least. Your lashes are volumized up to 80% and it lasts all day, without smudging. The only con of this product is, the formula dries fast in the tube. And when you use it everyday, chances are, you might empty the tube in a month. So there goes your 1750php. I suggest you try Lancome, which is cheaper and has good quality as well.


I hope this helped you guys. :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion