Fashion

Sunday, June 21, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: PHILOSOPHY NEVER LET THEM SEE YOU SHINE OIL AND SHINE CONTROL VELVET TOUCH PRIMER

ON THE TUBE: Ideal for oily and sensitive skin; provides a smooth, matte, velvety finish to the skin; antioxidants protect skin from environmental attack

PROMISES TO REDUCE SHINE BY 55% AFTER 4 HOURS OF USAGE
BATTLES SKIN BLEMISHES

THE VERDICT:

It comes in a cute plastic tube. I love the "words of wisdom" on each product of Philosophy. It's what attracted me to patronize their products as well. For this primer, it says: "Practice being invisible. Blend beautifully with nature. Harmonize with color. Let humility be your calling. Let your inner glow be your candlelight to the world." It's a pretty witty way of trying to mesh philosophies with make- up. :)

It comes in a gel- like consistency, just like Smashbox's Photofinish Primer.


The only difference is, it's wet and when blended correctly, it disappears into a lightly moist, matte and invisible primer on your skin, unlike Smashbox's powder- like texture. It smells like eucalyptus so I like it because i'm a sucker for scents used for relaxation. :)


THE DRY- RUN

So after 4 hours, here's my face. It's 10:30 P.M. and I applied the product at around 6:00 P.M. As you can see, my face is semi- matte. There's a bit of oil on my nose. My t-zone area is the oiliest part of my face and I'm quite surprised that it didn't look like an oil mine when I checked my face in the mirror after 4 hours. Usually, after 2 hours, my t- zone would start to produce oil like hell so my make- up would run off my face. My cheeks would produce a bit of oil as well but with the primer, my face still felt matte except for the sweat that's falling from my scalp!

It may not look like it but I wish you could see my face in person so you'd know that it really does the job when it comes to controlling oil. :)

Truly, this is a wonder product. It's lightweight, so as opposed to Smashbox's Photo Primer, it doesn't feel like you're wearing make- up (it's what i felt when i tried Photofinish Primer). Philosophy feels like a moisturizer and it doesn't sting or feels heavy at all!

Would I buy this again? A RESOUNDING YES! I love this product. And a little goes a long way so it will definitely last me long. :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion