Fashion

Monday, June 29, 2009

PRODUCT REVIEW: MAKE UP FOR EVER LACQUERED LIPSTICK

I'd like to review my only MUFE lipstick. It's in the lacquered variant and the color is 203 (orange fluo pink)


I bought this a year ago from the MUFE boutique in The Fort High Street. This costed me 1150php and I don't see it already in the lipstick counter of MUFE in TFHS. 


Btw, MUFE's lipstick line ranges from sheer, to fantasy colored lippies to the glossy ones and to the lacquered (semi- matte) variants.


When I spotted this, they also had the last piece left so I immediately bought it because I'm a sucker for neon brights especially pink (who doesn't love pink anyway?)



THE VERDICT:


It's a bright pink lipstick with an orange undertone. Why is it called lacquered? This line of lipsticks by MUFE has uber pigmented colors that pays off exactly as it is on the tube. When I say bright, it's BRIGHT. It instantly gives your face a neon pink bulb. This also perfect to wear alone with a clean make- up while sporting a white dress. 


It's uber pigmented and it smells like an expensive perfume. If my "scent memory" serves me right, the smell of this is similar to Dior's lipsticks. The staying power of this baby is tough, and when you wipe it off your lips, the color still lingers, giving you a "just bitten" pink lips.

'

It's very expensive, I know. That's why I'm trying to control myself from using this lipstick because I'm afraid the color was pulled out already in the P.I. (I'll  have to check Shangri- La for this when I empty this tube) so I might not find this color here.


It's not something that you should collect because MAC proves to be a better alternative. I might try another color from MUFE. But as far as I'm concerned, this is something that I'd definitely repurchase from MUFE.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion