Fashion

Monday, June 15, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: POUT FOUNDATION IN CARAMEL

Let's take a look at my newest purchase, Pout Foundation in Caramel

Price: 995php
Sale Price: 288.75php (45% off)
Retails at $30

I've never tried other foundation brands before apart from my hg MAC and Kryolan but the price of this foundation made me try this. Pout is a brand from London. It's almost as popular as DuWop. Their packaging is inspired by ribbons and laces, which gives me a picture of pink and frilly lingerie on dainty looking ladies. I tried their blush stick before and it's relatively nice, though their clear lipgloss is hard to wear because it's uber sticky.


POUT'S FOUNDATION IS AN ULTRA- SILKY AND LIGHTWEIGHT FOUNDATION. IT'S NON- GREASY SO IT DOESN'T CAKE OR STREAK DURING WEAR. IT PROVIDES A SHEER, SILKY FINISH, LEAVING YOUR SKIN LOOKING SMOOTH AND SUPPLE.

Check out the lovely box

Here's the bottle, all painted with lace- patterned graphics. It's really girly no?

THE VERDICT:

Honestly, I bought this because it was on a shocking sale. If it was around 500php, I wouldn't buy it. I'm a loyalist when it comes to foundations so it's either MAC or Kryolan for me.
I bought this also and wondered what if I use this for everyday. I'm no foundation wearer but I just thought of giving it a try.

Here's an unblended swatch of the caramel foundation. The consistency is semi- water-ish, but blends easily. It may appear too light for my skin tone but here's what it looks like after blending.

It absolutely looks just like a tint on skin. Which I like, because as I said, I'm no foundation wearer. Leaves a natural base for your other make- ups and it lives up to its promise of having that lightweight feel on your skin.

Here's the foundation on my skin. It's not set with any powder yet. Notice that it's sheer, and the formula is moisturizing so your skin looks quenched and healthy right after application.

Here's the foundation already set with powder. I used MAC's SFPPF in NC42. It just blended with my powder. Actually, it's just like a tinted moisturizer. The only good thing about it is, it's still foundation so it has better coverage as compared to tinted moisturizers.

Would I buy this again? Yes. I would. If it's still priced that cheap (haha). But I think they're gonna pull out Pout from Beauty Bar so they're just emptying the stocks. After everything's sold, Pout's gone forever in the Philippines. So, boohoo.

 Overall, I'm quite surprised with the good quality, though it being on a fire sale may mean that these products do not sell as compared to the other products because they don't have good quality. If you'd rather have your foundations feeling thick and feeling like "make- up", then I wouldn't recommend this. But if you like sheer foundation at a cheaper cost (995php (normal price) ain't that bad), then I suggest you try this. :)

**TAKE NOTE, I WORE POUT TODAY AND HAD A MOVEMENT REHEARSAL WHERE I SWEATED A LOT. AFTER THE SESSION, THE FOUNDATION IS STILL INTACT, AND A LITTLE SETTING OF THE POWDER MADE ME LOOK FRESH AGAIN. THERE WERE NO STAINS ON MY CLOTHES, MY FACE DIDN'T STING AND DIDN'T FEEL HOT AS WELL. :)

I don't remember having this in my make- up kit...


CHECK THIS REVIEW ON POUT FOUNDATION. THE ENTRY ABOUT POUT COSMETICS IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE:
http://fashiontribes.typepad.com/beautybuzz/2006/04/index.html





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion