Fashion

Saturday, June 20, 2009

THE DUPERY: DUPES FOR YOUR FAVE EXPENSIVE PRODUCTS 2

For this edition of THE DUPERY: DUPES FOR YOUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS, Let's look at black- red lipsticks.


For those aspiring MUAs, whatever genre or style is important to be studied and looked into for you are into the art of make- up. Unless you'd be doing fashion make- up only. But different styles of make- ups that have emerged are more or less, inspired of a style that has once set the trend. The 1920's look is one of these classic and iconic eras of image and style. Red- black lips, thickly- lined lids, crimped bobs and thin brows. Think Betty Boop.


The thickly- lined lids was believed (some claim) to be the inspiration of the smokey- eye look, and is probably one of the most popular looks to hit the runway, magazines and is worn by a lot of celebrities and icons. Angelina Jolie is one of the stars who forever sports the lined- eye look whether on screen or on the red carpet. Punks, goths and rockers alike would sport this look. Through time, the meaning of the 1920's look evolved from a standard of beauty to a symbol of mystery and rebelling to one of the sexiest eye make- up looks.


I must say I have the guts to wear dark red lipsticks. I love how it makes my teeth look white. It may look too strong for an everyday make- up but I love how it gives me a feeling of sexiness and sophistication, and it makes me feel mystical. (the power of colors :D)


For those who will do the 1920's or vintage looks in the near future, the dark red lipstick will be your best friend. With just a swipe of this color, it makes a whole lot of difference on a face. The women of the 20's weren't very partial to eye and face make- up. The lips was paid more attention to during those times.



MAC MATTE LIPSTICK IN DIVA


I personally love MAC's matte lipstick in Diva. It's the perfect 1920's red lipstick for me. The color pay- off is gorgeous. It's matte and this color stays long. It retails for 900php.


But we have to admit that MAC is too expensive (not to mention they're hiking their prices this July) so here's a dupe that I found lying somewhere in my drawer. :)

THE FACE SHOP LIPSTICK IN 8 (JAZZY WINE)

The Face Shop's lipsticks have always proven to me that they provide good dupes for red lipsticks. I made an entry here before about it's Color Care lipstick  duping MAC's Ruby Woo. And now, somewhere in the lipstick counter of TFS (you'll really have to look for this one because they don't have much of this) is this gray metallic tube of lipstick in the shade Jazzy Wine. This costs 295php- 300php (I forgot the price but I'm pretty sure it within the quotation I gave you). It feels satin-y on the lips and once applied, it pays off as a moist- looking lipstick. I'm surprised because the color pay- off is good. The pigmentation is rich. And what surprised me the most is how it duped MAC's Diva.



Here's the swatch that proves Jazzy Wine is 98.9% close to Diva.



Therefore, Diva is duped!



You'll love how dark red lipsticks will spice up a white outfit and if you like sporting goth or rocker styles, this would do you good as well. And for those who are into being MUAS. If you'll need one in the near future, and would want to save, don't forget this entry. :)





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion