Fashion

Sunday, June 21, 2009

THE BEAUTY JUNKEE KICKS ASS IN THE COURT WITH HER BEST BUDDY


As a child, I used to love sports. I once dreamed of becoming an athlete so I tried any sport I could possibly try. I trained under Eric Buhain for swimming and Jun Tupas for badminton. A freaky dive accident that broke my neck traumatized me for years that's why I never swam for years, until I embraced the waters again when I first went to Boracay.

I've always liked sports that require running, agility and speed. I used to compete for the Palarong Pinoy and INTRAMS in my high school. This is the reason why I love badminton so much. I wanted to try tennis but the racquet was too unaffordable for me when I was young so I settled for badminton instead. And I fell in love with the sport so much that Coach Jun almost sent me for training under the Philippine Team because he used to train Filipino athletes for badminton for the SEA Games. I stopped because another chapter in my life occurred when I was introduced to the Theatre.

After 4 or 5 years, I went back to play the sport again. I wasn't as good as before (haha) but I could still feel my muscles getting in the groove whenever I'm in a game. 2 months or more, I'm back to my "athlete" self again. :)

The secret behind every strategy are the tools you use. When I used to train before, my mom bought me a Dunlop Carbon Fiber steel with titanium double wrap fiber strings. It was .80 grams and is the loveliest baby I ever owned when I was young. Unfortunately, when I awakened my love for badminton again, I couldn't find my Dunlop anywhere. :( Someone must've stolen it or it was lost when we transferred houses.

My mom's mid- life crisis is Sports. She first got addicted to bowling again (which is her sport) then tried cycling, then badminton. She bought Prince's Titanium x with Viktor titanium and nylon wrapped string. It was .80 grams, as light as my Dunlop. Unfortunately, Dunlop is unavailable in the Philippines so I bought myself a white Prince Sierra Titanium with Nylon Fiber strings. It is .85 grams. The body is in white and the design and logos are in blue. It came with a protective bag. It's not as light as my mom's but it's all good. :)

As for the shoes, I bought a Yonex and it costed me 1775php only. It is so lightweight and it really helps in controlling my moves whenever I kick ass in the court!


DO YOU PLAY ANY SPORT? IF YES, WHY DO YOU LIKE IT? IF NO, WHAT SPORT WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRY?




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion