Fashion

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: SHU UEMURA FACE ARCHITECT REMODELING CREAM FOUNDATION IN 734 (DEEP ALMOND)

ON THE INFO SHEET: A smooth and creamy texture imparts a perfectly flawless yet natural complexion.

Flexible Coverage:
This foundation is designed to achieve buildable levels of coverage. When you apply a small amount, it delicately covers the skin and expresses a radiant and natural look while smoothing out skin texture and evening tone. When layering, coverage increases without compromising a natural satin finish.

Pursuing Ultimate Comfort:
The exquisite balance of Depsea water and emollient oils as well as carefully selected powders and pigments result in a creamy texture and a smooth luxuriously soft feel.

Preparing for Skin Aging:
contains Jasmine extracts, recognized for its anti- oxidant properties

DEPSEA WATER- found in the deep seas below 200 meters; clean and pure, yet rich in minerals and nutrients that are important for the skin. Depsea water enhances skin transparency, naturally provides moisture to the skin, thus improving it's quality (from vitro test)
JASMINE- found in Jasmine flowers.



THE VERDICT:
This foundation looks very rich and creamy in the pot. It may look heavy on the skin to some, because the consistency and texture may appear too thick on the pic of the swatch below. 


Here's the foundation when spread and blended evenly on skin. It disappears into a clean foundation that evens out skin tone and hides minor skin discolorations and blemishes.



LEFT PART OF THE FACE W/ SHU UEMURA

- My skin appeared velvety smooth when it was applied and blended evenly. In person, the foundation might appear to thick even if you put a small amount. In my opinion, the reason behind this is for the foundation to create a good effect in terms of coverage in hiding flaws and concealing discolorations. The result, a velvet looking skin that's soft to the touch. This foundation is buildable, so you could apply a sheer amount or a lot depending on the amount of coverage you need.


RIGHT PART OF THE FACE W/O SHU UEMURA:

My skin is naturally smooth and blemish- free, but you could see some bumps, some bumpy whiteheads and blackheads, and some scars and pimples that have healed and dried already.


When I applied the Shu foundation, my skin just became magazine worthy! (except for that bump on my right cheek). I wish you could see how smooth this foundation is on the skin and how lovely it's consistency is, making it easier for blending. At first, it might appear too thick but let it dry for around 2- 3 minutes then set it with a loose or pressed powder for a matte look. This shade goes well for those with the shade in NC42. In fact, it's almost the same shade as NC42 so I used my Studio Fix pact to set this foundation. It doesn't feel hot on the skin or heavy. My face stayed matte (with the help of a face primer) and it didn't cake nor streak during the day! Lastly, it didn't sting my face whenever I sweat so this quality makes this product a winner. I really have no idea what the spatula is for but I think it's kinda' hygienic if you don't dip your fingers in the foundation. This way, it makes your foundation stay bacteria- free! I've read in the info sheet that it's for controlling the amount of coverage but I don't see how it does that so I'd buy the hygiene reason for having this spatula. :)

What are the cons of this product? The liquid is kinda' messy when you start using it so you'll literally stain the plastic cover and the white cap. The worst thing is, the cap starts to change color due to the foundation so if you're planning to sell yours, you might price it a little lower than how much you bought it because the product might appear too used already. It's in a glass pot so it kinda' bulges in your make- up stash. Not to mention, it's heavy too.

Would I buy this again? Maybe not. Shu Uemura is too expensive. But if I find someone putting the same product up for swap, I might consider swapping some items for another one. :) Another thing, I'm no foundation wearer and I don't think this will withstand my theatre performances. But If I wear foundation on a daily basis, I might be saving up for this every now and then!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion