Fashion

Monday, June 29, 2009

MY ATTEMPT ON A POLLOCK- STYLE ARTWORK :)

Hi girls! I'd like to share this piece of artwork that I made last night. It was for a project in my MATH1 class and I was assigned to the the base for the magic squares.



I am such a fan of Jackson Pollock, Andy Warhol and Roy Lichtenstein and everything pop art so I decided to Pollock-ize the base. Jackson Pollock propagated the paint splatter effect on the canvass years ago. It was so unique, this style always entails his name, "Let's do it, Pollock Style". :)


You think it's easy at first, all you'll need are paint brushes and you go splattering on some paint. You have to put texture by trying to build or cake some paint on some parts or else, your work will look flat. And of course, intention is the best way to create an artwork. I had "happiness" in mind when I was doing this so I think it showed on my work. :)


It's hard as well because you have to clean the stuff with paint splatters. Or else, my mom will kill me for splattering paint on her antique cabinet. Haha.


Check out the texture. It paid- off as a thick gunk of paint on the canvass because I just used plain paint without water. I dipped the flat brush, made sure there were lots of paint on it, and splattered it on the canvass. Talk about paint waste. :)

Here is the part where I mixed water with paint and it created a watercolor effect


I wish I could bring this home. But my group mates will put magic squares on it when I bring it on Wednesday. Too bad.They might cover up the whole design. Haha. Oh well, I'll just make one again. ;)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion