Fashion

Saturday, August 15, 2009

THE DUPERY: DUPES FOR YOUR FAVORITE EXPENSIVE PRODUCTS 4


For this edition of THE DUPERY, Let's look at a dupe for MAC MATTE LIPSTICK IN RUSSIAN RED


PRODUCT DUPE: REVLON'S ALL DAY MATTE LIPSTICK IN REALLY RED

PRICE: AROUND 400PHP+

LOCATION: ALL PERSONAL CARE STORES WITH REVLON OUTLETS NATIONWIDE





It was given to me by a lovely blogger named Dinna, aka max97. I don't know if it's appreciation for my entries or whatsoever but one thing's for sure, this gift made me really happy!


MAC's matte lipstick in Russian Red is an all- time favorite red lipstick. It is a bright red lipstick because of it's blue undertone, making your face look really fresh and pretty once you wear it. 


Since MAC is getting nowhere near cheap because they're starting to hike up their prices, I've found a pretty good dupe for it in REVLON ALL- DAY MATTE LIPSTICK IN REALLY RED (006)


L-R: REVLON, MAC

Revlon's all- day matte lipstick in Really Red pays- off as a gorgeous red lipstick. What surprised me the most is, it's almost the same color as my Russian Red. 

One thing you're gonna hate about Matte lipsticks is how it dries up your lips. MAC is guilty of this. I can't blame the formula. If it's not as matte as it is, it wouldn't look damn good on the lips. 

Revlon's matte formula is sort- of creamy, so this is non- drying. I've road- tested this last night and it didn't dry my lips at all. As compared to the lipstick of formulas of MAC, this lipstick can be classified in the Satin variants because of the creaminess of the consistency. But nevertheless, it looks matte on the lips! And it has good staying power too!

CLOSER LOOK

REVLON LIP SWATCH

MAC LIP SWATCH


Sorry, It seemed that my editing darkened the MAC lipstick a bit but in actual, the two are almost alike, so therefore, MAC Russian Red is duped!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion