Fashion

Sunday, July 5, 2009

YESTERDAY'S HAUL AND A LOVELY DISCOVERY :)

I ran out of body care products last week and I just managed to shop yesterday because I was uber busy last week. Imagine, I've been using hotel shampoo and body wash for my face last week because I'm already out of products! I've always hated hotel shampoos because they never fail to make my hair dry and frizzy and I dried out my face from using a body wash :(.

Good thing it was my rest day yesterday so I got 9 hours of sleep and I was able to move in slow- mo because I don't have any schedule for yesterday, except for a party in Penguin Malate after watching the closing of Tanghalang Pilipino's Virgin Labfest 5, which all took place in the evening.

So here's my haul for yesterday. I've been using Clairol's Herbal Essences shampoo. I just realized L'oreal Elseve is too expensive. Unfortunately, there weren't any stocks left so I ended up buying Elseve anyway. I tried their new Royal Jelly shampoo formula. In all fairness to this product, my hair feels smoother and more bouncy right after usage.

I'm no conditioner user because I hate how it takes time to rinse it off your hair. But I've realized that at the middle of the day, my hair's prone to entanglement and frizz so I made a vow to use a conditioner starting yesterday. Besides, I always here cracks and snaps whenever I comb my wet hair so that doesn't sound really good. I always see chunks of strands on my comb! Imagine the damage that I've been doing to my hair for years! I bought the L'oreal Damage Care with cement- ceramide technology. And I love how it eases my combing sessions and it lessened my hair fall and hair damage because my hair is very silky and smooth. :D

I also bought a deodorant. I swear by Nivea's cream stick formula and I love how it lessened the darkening of my underarms incurred by Secret deodorant! ):x.

I also bought Ponds Perfect Matte because I don't want to use a body wash as my facial soap again so this will last me for around 2 months at least. I also bought a travel size Perfect Matte facial wash because I'll be needing it for my play. I like perfect matte because it also has scrubs so I cleanse and exfoliate my face in one washing. And I like how my face feels matte after patting it dry with a towel.



SO WHAT'S MY LOVELY DISCOVERY FOR YESTERDAY????


I've already emptied by 30ml bottle of Eclat D' Arpege by Lanvin. My mom bought herself a Stella McCartney Sheer perfume 100ml from Singapore and since I have no more perfume, I ended up using hers. And Sheer smells so good. My mom keeps on telling me that it's hers andshe wants to use it for a long time. So in short, she doesn't want me using it. Haha. :) But I understand. It's her gift for herself so it's justified that she has a say on whatever I plan to do with that perfume.

After hauling my body products. I asked her if she could buy me a cologne so I won't be using her Sheer anymore. I had Calgon's Tahitian Orchid in mind because Lanvin is expensive.
Besides, I plan to buy one in a 100ml bottle when I get my pay check.

I went to Bescost, a px store in Cash and Carry (it's a stone's throw away from our house) in hopes of finding Tahitian Orchid. Unfortunately, they don't have it. Before I went out of the store. I asked the saleslady if they have Lanvin Eclat D' Arpege. She said yes. I asked how much.


"1300php, 100ml."


WHAT?!?!?!?


I was sooo surprised to know that the price is SOOOOO CHEAP for a Lanvin Perfume. Not to mention, 1300php is for the biggest bottle already. So I asked her why.


Apparently, they are selling testers of hundreds of perfume brands. THESE ARE NOT KNOCK- OFFS. These are all- original and they came straight from their manufacturers. They are cheap because these testers are what you find in malls and you spray some on yourself to have a whiff of the perfume/s.

The only difference is, these testers don't have their caps on (refer to my small Lanvin bottle on the pic below). Another thing is, they don't have their cases, boxes whatsoever because these are testers so they come in a box labeled as TESTERS.

Imagine, CK One 100ml costs 1300php, J.LO Glow 100ml costs 1200php, Anna Sui Secret Wish 100ml costs 1300php and a whole lot more perfumes that don't even exceed 2000php!

Talk about getting a BARGAIN huh? 

I got myself my HG for scents. And I am soooo happy because I was able to spare myself 3000php+ if I buy this in malls. Landmark sells the 100ml bottle at 4850php plus. Whew! At least I could spend my 3000php on something else because of this rather LOVELY DISCOVERY.

The not- tester- variant of Lanvin 100ml is at 600php. It includes the cap and box. But I won't be needing it anyway. I could use the 300php to gas up my ride. :)

I might try Anna Sui Secret Wish next time. At least, I don't have to worry shelling out thousands of bucks to buy myself a perfume. Thank goodness for these testers. :)

I also found this sticker on the bottle that states the essences used to create this LOVELY scent

TOP NOTES: SICILIAN LEMON LEAVES, LILAC GREEN
HEART NOTES: RED PEONY, PEACH FLOWERS
BASE NOTES: SWEET MUSKS, PRECIOUS AMBER

So at least, you know what are the essences used to create the scent you love. :)


**BESCOST IS LOCATED AT THE MEZZANINE LEVEL OF THE CASH AND CARRY MALL, FILMORE ST., COR. OSMENA HIGHWAY (FORMERLY SOUTH SUPERHIGHWAY), MAKATI CITY

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT AFFLIATED WITH BESCOST NOR I HAVE RECEIVED ANYTHING FROM THEM FOR ME TO ADVERTISE THEM.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion