Fashion

Thursday, July 2, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: LIPSTICK AND LIPGLASS

Here are my initial reviews on my MAC CREMESHEEN LIPSTICK IN LAVENDER WHIP and MAC STYLE WARRIOR LIPGLASS IN GOLD REBEL.




THE VERDICT:

MAC Cremesheen l/s in Lavender Whip is a satin lavender colored lipstick. It has a good pigment pay- off and is buildable so you could go sheer and swipe thrice on your lower and upper lip for a noticeable pastel touch on your face. It's a very nice color that could be worn with purple and pink eyeshadows and is perfect in toning down smokey- eye looks. It's the most gorgeous violet lipstick I've tried. Other violet variants are violetta and up the amp but these appear as violet when worn on lips so it kinda' takes guts to pull it off. Apart from that, it's hard to mix and match these colors with eyeshadows. There might be a danger of looking too made up. Somehow, I find up the amp and violetta a little off if you wear it alone. Lavender Whip is a gorgeous violet- nude l/s.


SWATCHES


THE VERDICT:


Gold Rebel is a shade of lipglass from the Style Warrior Collection. It's appears as an orange- copper shade on the tube with gold shimmer. It pays off as a nude lipgloss with a hint of orange color. It's really sexy and I could see myself wearing this during summer. Also, it gives your lips a sexy luscious look. It's great for everday because it adds a lovely orange- gold shine on your lips. The color is not overpowering and I love how it enhances my natural lip color. I see this looking good on morenas because it enhances a tan and this is also good for fair skinned chicas.



Overall, I love both. And I can't think of any con except for Lavender Whip being sold out already and Gold Rebel is out of stock in most MAC outlets so be sure to drop by Marionnaud because they are releasing Style Warrior tomorrow! Make sure you check out the collection because believe me, they sell like pancakes.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion