Fashion

Thursday, July 23, 2009

For Glove - Not Money

I got the most lickable email today about fingerless gloves. Yes that was 'lick'; not 'like'. Like is far too pedestrian a word for these beauties. But hardly your Claire's Accessories fare. This arm candy comes compliments of GlovedUp.com and its founder/designer Laura Shepherd. Worn by Anna Piaggi, Dita Von Teese, Kylie Minogue, Lady Gaga, La Roux, Madonna, Peaches (the original; not Geldof); photographed by Mario Testino, Miles Aldridge, Solve Sundsbo, Steven Meisel, Peter Lindbergh; styled by Arianne Phillips, Lucinda Chambers, Patti Wilson, Karl Templer; and featured in i-D, Harpers Bazaar, Numéro, Tatler , Vogue (UK, Italia, Nippon, Russia), and W amongst others, you could say this chick has arrived. Then why is something so delicious such a secret?
Says Laura "I work alone; a mega-multi-tasker. And I make most of the gloves myself. I fact I do everything Glovedup myself;the press, photography, website (www.Glovedup.com), and all the dull jobs too. It’s a DIY endeavour and I do it for glove - not money."
A total artist! Spread the word and your arms - and give Laura a big fashion hug. Air kissing is so done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion