Fashion

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: NYX ROUND LIPSTICK IN TEA ROSE

Let's look at NYX ROUND LIPSTICK IN TEA ROSE.



THE VERDICT:


This costed me 100php. Sis Khymm bought this for me because she knows a NYX seller from Cebu and it's where she gets her nyx products from. I just thought of giving it a try because I've read good reviews about the color of the lipstick. I don't mind stacking up 15 lipstick tubes because I'm such a lipstick eater and it's currently my most favorite make- up product. :D


Okay, so Tea Rose is a lovely color. It looks like a coral shade in the tube but it pays off as a pink- nude lipstick with a coral undertone. It smells like grandma's perfume though, but at least it's not overpowering or annoying. 

True enough, I'm quite impressed with the color. It's quite pigmented also. It feels VERY lightweight, as compared to the rich and thick lipsticks of MAC and Bobbi Brown.


Skin Swatch

Nyx is such a best bet for those who are on a budget but unfortunately, it's unavailable locally so we have to scour online sellers and find out if they're selling nyx. So if you're on a budget I suggest you try the brand. I just hope they open a branch in the Philippines.


Lip Swatch

In terms of quality, I would just give this a 3 out of 5. Truth be told, it doesn't last long. I wore this last night and hubby kissed me thrice on the lips and the lipstick was totally wiped out. I hate how I'd have to reapply it over and over again. I think the reason behind the unimpressive staying power is because the consistency feels too sheer and light, so it doesn't really last on your lips.


I hate raining on the nyx lovers' parade but I wouldn't consider repurchasing another. I might try Chloe. Bottomline, I wouldn't pay for exorbitant shipping rates for some nyx products, especially their lipsticks. I just hope they improve their formula. But this product ain't too bad after all, there couldn't be any worse than Ever Bilena lipsticks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion