Fashion

Monday, July 13, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MAC STUDIO TECH FOUNDATION

Let's look at MAC Studio Tech Foundation



I have the shade in NC45. I chose the shade because I should always carry a foundation shade that's two shades darker than my normal skin tone.


The site described the product as:  Totally tech. A tri-system blend of water, emollients and powder. Looks solid, glides on as a soft, creamy emulsion. Provides a natural matte, powder-perfect finish. Smooth to blend, easy to work with: provides a full range of coverage. Water-cooled - refreshes and hydrates skin. Light diffusing: softens lines, creates a fresh, flawless finish. Good on all skin types. Studio Tech is dermatologist tested, ophthalmologist tested, non-acnegenic and safe for contact lens wearers.





THE VERDICT:


I was supposed to buy the Full Coverage Foundation by MAC but my friend ended up giving me the Studio Tech because we had a miscommunication when we were talking about the product. When she came home from the States, it was too late when I found out that she got me the Studio Tech. She told me, it's also a pro product and it's equally good as FCF as well.


I became curious with the product so I gave it a shot. It's in a fat compact, a bit thicker as compared to the Studio Fix pact. It also has a sponge on the pact compartment, and it's designed much like the Studio Fix's pact. It only has a deeper hollow for the mirror and there's a foil covering the foundation. It also has a mini paper that describes the foundation and states the ingredients of the product. 


The foundation is in mousse form. I don't really like mousse- type foundation products but what makes this excellent is, it doesn't feel wet and cakey at all, which is an inherent quality of a mousse foundation. In fact, this feels like powder when applied. It's very pigmented, and it disappears into a natural and flawless finish on your skin when blended evenly. It's also buildable, and this can be applied on prostethics too, for special effects. It just feels like your second skin because it's lightweight. It has no scent, which is apt for those who don't like scented make- ups. It doesn't sting at all when you sweat and it doesn't streak that much unlike Studio Fix Fluid. Oh, and this is also good for sensitive skin because this is water- based and safe for people who have allergies or who have sensitive skin. The fact that this is water- based makes skin feel "cool" even if it's foundation.


Swatch

I don't think this is available in the country. This costs around 1300php+ in the states. It's a good product, but I don't feel the need to make this a staple in my stash because I still am a Kryolan loyalist when it comes to foundation. And I would rather have Full Coverage because it's the foundation variant of MAC that I really like, because FCF is in cream- form and it's fast and easy to blend and it doesn't look like second skin at all. It looks JUST like your skin, without being too sheer. Full coverage really gives great coverage. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion