Fashion

Thursday, July 16, 2009

MY PERSONAL AND FAVORITE BEAUTY TIPS AND TRICKS

For this edition of the beauty buzz, I'll share my beauty tips and tricks and my favorite beauty tips of all time.




SOME BEAUTY TIPS THAT I PRACTICE


HAIR:


1. I make sure I don't put too much chemicals on my hair (e.g. hairspray, hair gel, hair serums, etc.) because these chemicals have the tendency to strip your hair's natural moisture and smoothness in the long run. Some might promise your hair long lasting shine and softness but bear in mind that all of these effects are only temporary.

2. Whenever I shampoo in the shower, I don't put the shampoo gunk straight on my scalp (the topmost part of my head) because such practice can lead to hair thinning on the scalp area.


FACE:


1. I  wash my face twice a day. In the shower and before I go to bed

2. I use cold cream or cleansing oils to remove deep seated dirt because there are some dirt still left even after you wash your face

3. I always use a facial wash with scrubbing beads for dual action. It saves me time because I don't have to find another day to exfoliate my face. But I make sure that I don't scrub my face harshly because this could strip even the new skin, which can lead to redness and irritation.

4. I always tone and moisturize. If the weather is hot, I use a sunblock, which also serves as a moisturizer. If the weather is cold, I use a moisturizer only.

5. I wear make- up so I make sure I put on a primer first to shield my skin from make- up entering my pores. That's why my skin is smooth. :) If you're not fond and would not want to use primers, moisturizers will be good enough to provide a thin film as protection.

6. Make sure you let every product you put on your face to dry for at least 3 minutes. Applying one product after the next might just mix up everything on your face, making 'em lose their effectiveness. 


BODY:

1. I use a nylon or plastic- made loofah to scrub my skin. I find natural loofahs too rough and too scratchy for my skin.

2. I slather on some lotion after taking a shower.

3. I always put lotion on my feet and knees because these are the driest spots on my body. Make sure you put lotion on the dry parts of your body to prevent your skin from cracking further.


LIPS:

1. I wear lipstick because it works for me in terms of moisturizing more than lip balms. So whatever lip product works for you, use it to prevent your lips from chapping, drying and cracking.



MY FAVORITE BEAUTY TIPS AND TRICKS OF ALL TIME


HAIR:


1. Brush your hair 100 times a day for it to be forever soft

- Well, it might be an old wives' tale but I believE in this ever since I was young and my hair's forever soft and less prone to tangles even if I harass it too much by coloring and cutting it. Take note, I am not an avid user of any hair conditioner in the shower. :D Well of course, it could be also genes, But hey, there could be some truth to it as well. :)


LIPS:


1. If you want just- bitten colored lips, apply toothpaste on your lips then let it stand overnight.

- I tried this for 2 months and I must say, it's really effective! The menthol feeling stimulates more blood to flow on your lips so it would look more pinkish or reddish. Just apply a thin layer on your lips and let it settle overnight. In my experience, it works! I did this a long time ago because I was a chain smoker. So to prevent my lips from turning to black :D, I did this trick. My lips were a bit brownish, but not super dark. There is still a hint of pink-ness on my lips. At least it's not ugly dark. :)





HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS? WHAT ARE YOUR PERSONAL AND FAVORITE BEAUTY TIPS AND TRICKS? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion