Fashion

Thursday, July 9, 2009

TOP 5 MAKE-UPS/BRANDS THAT I'M NOT INTERESTED TO TRY

I would describe myself as a practical shopper now as compared before. I'd rather buy something that i need instead of something that i want. I started to alter my shopping habits when I became a frequent visitor of brokeland. During the time I'll be needing money the most, all I see are clothes, make- up and bags. All I could wish for during those times is for these to turn into money.



I love make- up. That's why this blog came about. It's a vital part of my business and it really helps me a lot in every role I portray. With the power of colors, I am able to become someone else. But I make it a point that I only buy the things I need. There are deviations from my practical habit but I'm happy that it happens just around 2% of the time whenever I go shopping.


There are make- ups that are expensive, but are a waste of money. There are cheap ones that are good and vice versa. There are also the ones that you're not really interested to try, no matter how hard they try to call your names whenever you're near their counters.


The last sentence leads us to this Beauty Buzz of the day. WHAT ARE THE BRANDS THAT YOU'RE NOT INTERESTED IN?



Here's my list:


 MINERAL MAKE- UP

- Bare Essentuals has taken the world by storm through the revolutionary MMU. A lot of companies have emerged after the success of MMU. Jane Iredale, Joppa, Ellana, Ocean Mist, Dreamworld, etc. I know that it's chemical- free, which is a good thing. I have seen a lot of good reviews and good swatches but I can never really seem to take interest in this product. I had a package once and I got a mineral powder as a freebie. I swatched it on my skin, but I never even dared wear it on any day. Maybe it's because i find MMU too sheer and the texture is too cornstarch-y. To top it all off, MMU is messy. I hate how I'd have to go through the hassle of bringing brushes and pots and worrying that they might spill on my other stuff. I REALLY hate it when they have to come in sample baggies. It takes a looot of effort transferring them to jars and I hate how you waste a lot of glitter and color because they stick on the sample baggies. I might try one, maybe, but not in the near future.


BEDHEAD MAKE- UP

- I find it too expensive but not interesting. Besides, it never made any raves even if it's in the Philippines already. 


REVLON

- I always see this in drugstores. They boast of Berry and Alba as their endorsers, they have revolutionary products like the lip topping and pretty minerals and their lipstick shades look promising. But--- I can't seem to find myself using this product. I'd rather use Maybelline. I don't know why I don't like it, honestly. Maybe I just find it a bit overrated. :p


SMASHBOX

- Smashbox is a pseudo- popular brand but I've never really heard any raves about this product, except for their Photofinish Primer. Maybe that's one of the reasons why I'm not even inclined to purchase any single item from this line. Apart from it being too expensive, I find their powders too sheer and the coverage is a big "never mind". Also, I had an experience before wherein I received the That's A Wrap Mascara by Smashbox from a friend and it's the worst mascara I have tried in my entire life. It gives me uber clumpy lashes, drying period is a total slowpoke and it has a funky sour smell. After the first usage, I decided to give it away. They have the biggest counter in Beauty Bar but there's really something in Smashbox that doesn't interest nor excites me at all. Well, maybe it's just me or it's a problem Smashbox has to discover.


YOUNGBLOOD

- Never heard any news about it, never heard of any outstanding products from this line, and packaging and products are not interesting. So I'm wondering why they're a tad bit too overpriced?



SO WHAT ARE THE BRANDS THAT YOU'RE NOT EVEN INTERESTED IN TRYING. AND I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT ARE THE PRODUCTS THAT YOU SWEAR YOU'LL ONLY USE OVER YOUR DEAD BODY. :p

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion