Fashion

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MAC FROST LIPSTICK IN PURPLE RITE FROM THE STYLE WARRIOR COLLECTION

Let's look at my MAC FROST LIPSTICK IN PURPLE RITE FROM THE STYLE WARRIOR COLLECTION.



THE VERDICT:


This costs 950php. I got mine through a swap with sis Khymm from sis Lelila. Khymm swapped her Pink Swoon with Lelila's 


Purple Rite and Khymm swapped the Purple Rite with my Desert Rose blush. :)


Purple Rite is probably one of the most popular items of the Style Warrior Collection. It's a purple lipstick with gold frosting. I wasn't actually lemming for one but I thought of giving it a try since I don't have to shell out any moolah for this one.


First off, I love the packaging. It's as good as MAC's Dress Camp and the Neo Sci- Fi collection. Their collection lipsticks look very sophisticated and expensive so I'm giving the packaging 5 lipsticks. 


The girls in makeupalley gave this l/s a 4.5 out of 5.0.


Swatch

Purple Rite looks like a shocking violet lipstick in the tube but the gold and purple frostings tone down the color. If you apply it on your lips, you'll realize that surprisingly, it's such a wearable color. I like this more than up the amp and violetta, which I think are the violet lipsticks of MAC that are hard to pull off. This li/s is good for day and build the color if you want to wear it during the night. Layer it with gloss for a dramatic look. I'd probably wear it during days where I'll just stroll around the mall, walk my dogs in The Fort High Street or if I'm going out with friends. I'd love to wear this to school but I hate how the running around from building to building leaves me sweaty and icky so I have the tendency to wipe my face with my hands as if I'm slathering facial foam on it. Staining my face with purple gunk doesn't seem like a very great idea!


Lip Swatch


The packaging is what made me like this product so much. But between Lavender Whip and Purple Rite, Lavender Whip will always have a special place in my heart. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion