Fashion

Monday, July 27, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: NARS POWDER BLUSH IN ORGASM

Let's look at NARS POWDER BLUSH IN ORGASM.

This blush color is an award- winning shade from Nars' collection and is quoted as one of the best blushes ever created.

I got mine from a pabili from a friend in the USA

THE VERDICT:

Let's start with the case. The blush looks really expensive and classy because of the rubberized packaging. Although it looks very nice, I hate how it gets dirty easily. I just put it in my make- up kit this morning and when I'm about to retouch, I see powder spills and scratches on the rubber casing, which makes it look very used, though I just got this yesterday. What's worse, it's really hard to take the stains off of the case. I hate it but seems like the scratches will be there forever.

The compact has a mirror, which makes it convenient, but I just hope they include a brush. As you can see, the color is a peach- pink shade with hints of gold shimmer.

Here's a swatch. This blush is absolutely pigmented and I love the shimmer that it gives to my cheeks. The shimmer is not overpowering and it gives your cheeks a summer glow. Layer it for maximum color pay- off and 1- 2 swipes is enough to give you a pink- peach- bronze glow. I'm an NC42 and it really looks fab on morenas because it enhances a tan skin (ala sun goddess :D). I also think that this will be a pretty peach choice of blush for fair skinned ladies, which will give their cheeks a summer glow.

Will I buy this again? It's a yes and a no. Yes, if I have the budget and No, because I really love pink blushes. I might buy another Nars blush, but I'll try their pink shades.

I see why people rave about this product so much because without a doubt, it's really a lovely color. It's versatility in giving fair and dark skin tones a lovely flush makes this a winner. There are some peach blushes that look orange on fair skin tones and look terracotta and sheer on dark skin tones. So I must say, it's really worth owning an Orgasm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion