Fashion

Friday, July 3, 2009

THE TWO BEST SHADES OF RED LIPSTICK FROM MAC

UPPER LIP: RUBY WOO
LOWER LIP: RUSSIAN RED

Hi Beauties! Wassup? I just keep on forgetting uploading this so here's an entry for this day. I'm in a no- shopping mode so I'll be MIA for a few days. I need to catch up with my role and I'm still waiting for a Nars and MAC haul from the States courtesy of a friend.

For the benefit of those who would like to try Red Lipsticks, GO AHEAD. TRY IT. It's the most wonderful shade of lipstick for me (second is nude). It really uplifts your mood and it perks up a rather dull face. Don't be afraid because you think you can't pull one off. Red lipstick is a must- have for every gal so it's just a matter of finding the right shade, not "pulling it off".

 And this entry is for you guys.

I'm a MAC whore and I swear by their lipsticks. As you all know, Russian Red is my number one bet but I just found out how lovely Ruby Woo was. My mom has it. After I finish my RR, I might try RW.

So both are in matte variants. Matte lipsticks have excellent color pay- off and it has no shine at all. MAC's matte lipsticks feel and look moist upon application but it dries off to a matte finish after a few seconds.

Ruby Woo is in the Retro Matte Variant (IDK what that means). The consistency is good. It glides on your lips easily but unlike matte, this doesn't feel and look moist at all upon application. It's UBER MATTE. And the red color is so retro.

Ruby Woo's color looks more vintage- ish than Russian Red. Russian Red has a blue undertone so it's a bit brighter. On the other hand, Ruby Woo is plain red. It has no undertones whatsoever. It's just red. More like a blood- red lipstick in actual. And it's gorgeous! It whitens your teeth and it really looks sexy on a bare face.

But this doesn't goes to show that it's much better than Russian Red. Russian Red is just bright, but it does the same effect on your face, like Ruby Woo. The difference would be on the look it gives you. If you want a younger look, try RR. For a mature look, try RW.

I'm lovin' both colors but I don't wanna buy Ruby Woo just because I am lemming for it right now. I still have 10 MAC tubes to finish so I guess I'll stop there. In the meantime, I'll just borrow mom's RW (AND USE IT ALL UP HARHAR!). :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion