Fashion

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

MY FIVE BEST PRODUCTS OF THE BEST FIVE BRANDS

Hello fellow Beauty Junkees! Welcome to this edition of Beauty Buzz.

Here's my all- time favorite products from my five favorite brands. These are the only brands I turn to whenever I run out of my staple beauty products

LOCAL BRANDS

1. FANNY SERRANO FOUNDATION STICK
- Coverage is good, not to mention, it's very affordable. It helps create a flawless look and if you prepare your skin for application, this product will last long. The coverage does wonders and the lightweight feel makes this good for everyday. In terms of blending quality, this product blends easily on skin!

2. EVER BILENA EYE LINER PENCILS
- My HG for eye liners. It's super affordable. Lasting power is very good. It managed to withstand my eyebrows whenever I sweat profusely and when my face starts producing oil like crazy.

3. G- LISH DARK BLUE EYESHADOW QUAD AND PATRICK ROSAS TRIOS
- It's a very cute take on eyeshadow quads. It comes in a steel pot and the eyeshadows are lined in strips. It has shades for highlighting, contouring and shading. Though, I'm just talking about the blue quad. The other colors don't have good color pay- off though. But the Patrick Rosas eyeshadow trios have good pigmentation and color pay- off, so it's a must- try.

4. FANNY SERRANO BRUSHES
- Brushes are made of fine squirrel hair and are uber soft! It is well- made so purchasing the set proves to be a very good investment.

5. AVON LIPSTICKS
- Avon has nice lipsticks and for me, they have the greatest and loveliest berry pink shades of lipsticks. Their formula smells good, glides on easily and color pay- off is great.


PHILOSOPHY

1. AMAZING GRACE LINE
- This is probably one of the best- smelling product I have came across. Amazing grace smells divine, fresh and soft. It's not overpowering at all and it's the scent that you won't get tired of wearing. I am so loving the line, especially the perfume.

2. THE SUPERNATURAL LIP AND CHEEK TINT
- It used to be my HG for lip and cheek tints (until I changed to power blush) because it gives your cheeks a rosy and dewy look and it gives your lips a lovely red tinge. Overall, it looks so natural that's why I love this. It doesn't have any taste at all and it smells lovely too. Donita Rose swears by this product!

3. BODY WASHES
- Their body washes smell like cakes and breads and I swear, a whiff of anything makes these good enough to eat! I love the chocolate chip cookie, banana nut bread and most especially CINNAMON BUNS. I love how it leaves a hint of these scents on your skin. In a way, it helps me get rid of my sweet tooth because a whiff already satisfies my cravings! :)

4. FALLING IN LOVE PERFUME
- It's one of my most favorite scents of all time. Falling In love is a combination of vanilla and blackberry and is perfectly balanced by musk notes. At first, it smells like cotton candy but it smells a lot better. I would describe this perfume as a happy scent because it smells so good, it never fails to put a smile on my face. I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS SCENT! :)

5.  NEVER LET THEM SEE YOU SHINE OIL AND SHINE CONTROL VELVET TOUCH PRIMER
- This is one of their newest products from their Oil and Shine Control line. It smells like eucalyptus and feels like a moisturizer. It dries off to a velvet smooth finish and it manages to reduce shine up to 55% for 4 hours! And it doesn't feel heavy on the face at all.

BOBBI BROWN


1. BLUSH
- I love their blush line because I was able to find the perfect color of blush in a candy pink shade in Pale Pink. I also love the sheer texture of their powders and the good pigmentation. A swipe goes a long way and for 1200php, you'll be able to get your money's worth because a pot will last you a long time.

2. LIPSTICKS
- Bobbi Brown has the best nude lipsticks. I'm such a fan of brown and nude lipsticks so I always turn to this brand whenever I need one. The shade in Nude is a staple in my stash.

3. CREAMY EYELINER
- Pigmentation is good, staying power is great and I love the smudger brush at the other end. Apart from being an eyeliner, this can also double as an eyeshadow for smokey eye- look because of it's rich texture.

4. PRESSED POWDER
- I love their pressed powders because it's sheer and it feels lightweight on the face. The glossy black packaging is nice because it looks so elegant!

5. EYE CREAM
- I'm lovin' their Hydrating Eye Cream because after 2 months of usage, I saw that the puffiness around my eyes has diminished. It also smells good and right after application, your eyes feel and look fresh. It's great as a base for concealers too because it smoothens the skin under your eyes, making blending much easier.


MAC COSMETICS

1. LIPSTICKS
- I am a fan of their lipstick, above everything else because of the dozens of shades they offer and the nice color pay- off each color gives. And oh, I also found my HG for red lipsticks, Russian Red. :)

2. FOUNDATION
- I love their full coverage foundation (already a pro item) because it's buildable. You could use it for everyday and professional use.

3. EYESHADOWS
- Dozens of shades, cute names and lovely formulas. The buttery feel of the eyeshadows made me love it because it's easier to blend and it sticks easier and lasts longer on your skin.

4. BRUSHES
- Their brushes are uber soft and made with the highest standards so investing on these will definitely give you your money's worth.

5. LIPGLOSS
- I love their lipglass and lustreglass variants because they're not uber sticky and the shine it gives is totally awesome. My lips look juicier and sexier when I'm wearing lipglass!

KRYOLAN

1. FOUNDATION
- My HG brand for foundation. Coverage is fantastic, staying power is impressive (especially their tv paint stick, it's almost waterproof!) and they have hundreds of shades to choose from which makes it a perfect choice for my profession

2. EYESHADOW BASE
- It makes my eyeshadows stick up to 6- 8 hours and you only need a little amount so the tube will last you long!

3. EYESHADOW
- It comes in relatively big pot and the color pay- off is great. Pigmentation is great as well, which makes it a cheaper alternative for MAC (Kryolan E/Ss are at 600php each).

4. DERMACOLOR
- In terms of coverage, Dermacolor is like the queen of all concealing make- ups. It manages to conceal even the darkest and reddest spots on my face. Not only that, it also has tons of color ranges for every skin tone. It is sweat resistant so you don't have to worry about streaking and caking. And most importantly, it doesn't feel heavy on the face at all.

5. LIPSTICKS
- Their lipsticks shades range from fashion to avant garde. Pigment pay- off is very nice, feels lush on the lips and is not drying, and it's a lot cheaper than MAC (600php per tube)


SO WE END THIS EDITION OF BEAUTY BUZZ HERE. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING ANYTHING IN THIS ISSUE, KINDLY ASK ME. I AM VERY WILLING TO ANSWER EACH QUERY.



SO, CARE TO SHARE YOUR FAVE PRODUCTS FROM YOUR FAVE BRANDS? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion