Fashion

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

PRODUCT REVIEW: AVON SIMPLY PRETTY FRESH RADIANCE MAKE- UP BASE PINK GLOW

I just recently purchased Avon Simply Pretty Fresh Radiance Make- Up Base Pink Glow. So here's an initial review.



This costs 150php. You can order it through your local Avon ladies. It's medium sized tube with a cream colored base inside. But once you spread it on your skin, it starts to give off a hint of pink color with tiny pink glimmers.



This promised to keep oil at bay for hours and to make make- up last longer on your skin.



With a girl who sweats profusely and with an oily t- zone area, here's how it effected on my face.




THE VERDICT:


At first application, you could see a hint of pink glow on your face because the pink glow will help give you a rosy glow. It is unscented, and it feels lightweight. It also dries easily, which is a good thing. In all fairness to this product, it really makes the colors pop, especially the blush.



After 2 hours, my face starts to sweat and I wiped my nose and I have felt that there's already oil. Then I had to run to another building which means Sweat- Time for me. I wiped my face and I could already feel that my face has turned into an oil mine. 


Swatch

Check out the pinkish glow

As compared to Philosophy's Never Let Them See You Shine oil and shine control primer, which keeps oil at bay for around 4 hours, this Simply Pretty face base is almost at par with Philosophy's (around 50%). It's a good buy for those who have combination skin and for those with normal skin because it just helps your make- up colors pop out and it roughly keeps you oil- free for two hours so that's kinda' good for a 150 bucks primer. But if your face is an oil mine, I suggest you find a primer that will really keep you shine free for more than 2 hours at least. Primers will usually last for 4 hours and it doesn't really keep you literally shine free for 4 hours because our pores literally produces oil and sweat so the best the primers could do is to keep it half as oily. 


If your work doesn't require running around and most of the time you'll stay indoors, this primer will do you justice. I'm not sure though if you can apply it over make- up as opposed to Philosophy's primer, which is a winning characteristic for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion