Fashion

Thursday, May 28, 2009

thou shalt not dance to the macarena

We had our Leavers May Ball on Tuesday night; a sad but exciting signifier of the end of college. Unlike our Prom a couple of years ago which saw me and my friends meticulously planning the 'perfect' dress and hairstyle, this time round we took a more laid back approach which paid off because the actual ball was awful, and a complete waste of money!

However, the getting ready process, which involved us all lounging on my bed listening to Peter, Bjorn and John with the summery air coming through my window was much more enjoyable.

In terms of my outfit, I wanted to go down the Virgin Suicides inspired route of something floral and floaty but nonetheless easy, and ended up saving £ by borrowing it from my Granny and pulling it in at the waist with some black ribbon. Going for an intentional floral clash I wore my new lace up Vagabond wedges, and wore my hair down and unbrushed (i like to think ala Marion Cotillard at the Baftas.)

Curious to know if anyone else has had their May Balls/Proms yet, and what you wore?

[may+ball.jpg]
[may+ball+4.jpg]
[may+ball+3.jpg][may+ball+2.jpg]

the inspiration..
[virgin+suicides+prom.jpg]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion