Fashion

Saturday, May 16, 2009

SPEND VS. SAVE: RED LIPSTICKS

The red lipstick is said to be one of the most essential make- up products in a woman's stash. It is a symbol of sophistication and class, and at the same time, it evokes power and sexiness, a true staple of a woman.


It comes in many shades. Bordeaux, fire engine, rose, etc. Whatever shade, the red lipstick will always have an appeal on different women and effect on people.


I'm a fan of the red lipstick. I love how it brightens any face and how it creates an aura of mystery because of the alluring color. Whenever I see myself with a red lipstick on, I feel sexy, wise, vibrant and good. It's such a wonderful color.



I'm always in the search of the perfect red lipstick. i tried Nars, Philosophy, Guerlain, Estee Lauder but I found my perfect red lipstick in MAC. I am such a fan of MAC's Russian Red for years now. It's an intense matte red with a bluish undertone. It's 900php in our local MAC stores.


Since times are getting hard and MAC's not going anywhere near cheap, I went on for a search of an alternative red lipstick. And besides, Russian Red is always unavailable in the MAC outlets.


MAC'S Matte Lipstick in Russian Red

THE FACE SHOP'S COLOR CARE LIPSTICK IN 301


I went to The Face Shop store in Eastwood City and came across their lipstick counter. Then I came across the Color Care line. It's their lipstick with those shiny peach case with a bluish shine. Then I found myself the lipstick shade in 301. It's lovely and great! MAC's Russian Red will always have a special place in my heart but I have found a new baby red lippie! It's matte, glides on smoothly, non- drying and smells good. It reminds of the smell of a spa. I swiped the color on my lips and the color pay- off was good. The color was stunning. It's a red lipstick with brown and violet undertones. And the best part is, it's 400php+ only! I tried visiting other TFS stores but unfortunately, I can't find the shade. Maybe it was luck or I was just destined to find this very good lipstick.


It pays off to buy good quality make- up but you can really find rare stuff that are good and at rock bottom prices. 400php+ might be pricey though, but this TFS lippie is so good, it's worth 700 bucks! MAC's Russian Red is still the shade to beat for me but TFS's Color Care lipstick in 301 is the product to beat when it comes to cheap but good lipsticks.


FOR THIS ISSUE, I SUGGEST YOU: SAVE



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion