Fashion

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

SPEND VS. SAVE: TERRACOTTA LIPSTICKS

Terracota lipsticks are good for those who want to make a sexy statement using earthy tones. It's for those who are scared with fire engine red but would still want to try a strong colored lipstick.

Here's what I found in my make- up stash for this Spend vs. Save issue. Let's look at Terracota lipstick.

MAC MATTE LIPSTICK IN MARRAKESH AND AVON GLAZEWEAR LIQUID LIPCOLOR IN BERRY WINE


MAC: Costs 900php; It's matte and lovely (biase! :)). Seriously, the first time I saw this lipstick in the MAC counter in Tang's Singapore, I knew I had to buy the color. Not to mention, this is my first- ever MAC make- up. It's a reddish- orange lipstick toned with a chocolate brown color. It's very flattering for morenas and a controlled amount will work on fair skinned ladies, plus a bit of bronzing and browns. The color pay- off is fabulous and it lasts for hours.

AVON: Avon is one of those cosmetic companies who create cheap cosmetics with good quality. Avon glazewear is a liquid version of their lipstick. This lippie of mine was bought around 5 years ago. It's berry wine but it appears terracotta on my lips. So there's an inconsistency with the name and color but it's up to the company to name their products anyway. Color pay- off is good, but after an hour, the lipstick starts to smudge and disappear from the inner to the outer lips, because the inner lip is the most accessed part of the mouth. It's the entrance for straws, cups, cigarettes, spoons, forks, etc. so a lot of these rubbings affect the lipstick on the inner lip. What's worse is, your lips may appear blotchy (it's a condition on the outer part of the lips, where you put lipliners, become darker than your natural lipcolor).

THE VERDICT: Avon is a nice product. It was bought 5 years ago so maybe now, they have improved their formulas. I don't even know if this lipstick is still sold or if it's phased out already. MAC's lipstick made them famous, so I have to say I really like Marrakesh. Matte lippies by MAC lasts the whole day. Avon's glazewear liquid is fine, it's a good buy, but it doesn't have much staying power. Maybe because the consistency is liquid. But our technology today can do everything so I guess, hope and suggest that they improve their formula.

FOR THIS ISSUE, I SUGGEST YOU: SPLURGE



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion