Fashion

Friday, May 15, 2009

SPEND VS. SAVE: BLACK EYESHADOWS

I have two black eyeshadows. MAC eyeshadow in Carbon and The Body Shop Matte eyeshadow in Black



MAC is around $16 and The Body Shop is around $14


MAC has proven that their eyeshadows are pigmented and it's applauded for it's color pay- off and staying power. Though pricey, it's still worth buying because of its quality. They also offer a buffet of colors so you'll have thousands of looks to choose from as well.


The Body Shop is a store that aims to help farmers and workers from the poorest countries in the world, most especially, Africa. Their make- up line pioneered the product that has become one of the news makers in the beauty industry, the lip and cheek tint.


I love black eyeshadow. Like the little black dress, it's essential and a must- have because you can never go wrong with a black eyeshadow. It's a perfect face enhancer in times of need, especially when you're going to an occasion. Black eyeshadows create sultry looks and is essential to creating one of the most famous and sexy look, the Smokey Eye Make- up.


Okay, so due to the financial crisis, people want to save. But this shouldn't stop us from being beautiful. But sometimes, our purchasing of cheap products may prove to be a smart move at first, then it becomes a waste in the end. Investment is the name of the game. It doesn't matter if it's costly than the other, but what matters is what will last long.


I have a problem with black eyeshadows though, Some eyeshadows i've tried have the tendency to turn to gray when you sweat and your lids start to excrete oil. I hate it so much because it's a black eyeshadow so why the heck is it turning to gray!?!? Elianto is one of these products. Another problem that i'd like to point out is the color pay- off. Okay, it appears black on the pot. i'm expecting for some black eyeshadows that i have tried that when I swipe my brush on the pot and apply it on my lids, I can see black powder. As in jet- black. I get the effect I wanted--- BUT AFTER 5 TRIES. I hate it so much because time is money for me. Another tendency is, 5 swipes of powder could already make my eyes feel heavy. I'd rather save it for the mascara.


MAC CARBON- It's costly, but it's good. When it says it's black, it's black. One thing I like about this is, it's almost waterproof because after the swatch session pictorial, I tried removing it but it really sticks! A good rubbing will do this good but don't worry, it's out in a snap when you wash your face with soap and water.


THE BODY SHOP EYESHADOW IN BLACK- It's black on the pot. Okay. But when I applied it, here we go again. It's gray. Then after 3-4 swipes, it turns to black. After 30 mins., it'll turn into gray again. Waste of time, effort and *gulp* money. It's around 500php here in the P.I. I think.



I'd go for MAC than TBS. Some might say "Sayang may 200php pa ako." But in the end, you'll find yourself saying "200php na lang sana yun na lang kinuha ko."



So there you go. Branded make- ups aren't branded for nothing. Of course some might debunk my statement. I would have to agree, of course. You could always find good stuff at a cheaper price, which is less likely to happen nowadays because mass production is the key problem. So it's best to turn to your trusted brands for good quality so when you take out your money or card from your wallet, you know it's worth the deed.


FOR THIS ISSUE, I SUGGEST YOU: SPLURGE



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion