Fashion

Thursday, September 10, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: NARS POWDER BLUSH IN LUSTER

Here's an initial review on NARS POWDER BLUSH IN LUSTER

PRICE: 1350PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: ESSENCES RUSTANS, ROBINSON'S PLACE MANILA
OTHER LOCATIONS: ESSENCES RUSTANS, MAKATI CITY; RUSTANS SHANGRI- LA MALL (CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK :))

THE VERDICT:

Okay so finally I have this most- sought after blush in Girltalk. :D The shade is called Luster.

Luster is a peach blush with a hint of gold frosting. It's in the shimmer variant.

Here's the swatch on my skin. I applied it twice. It pays off as a lovely golden- peach shade.

It might look too simple on the swatch and in the pan but it does deliver a fantastic color pay- off once it is applied. I applied two swipes of the blush and it just gave me this natural peach glow that really flatters my NC42 skintone. Robbie, the SA in Rustans Makati is right in saying that this shade really flatters morenas. Apply lightly for a "glow from within" effect and build the color a bit to get more of the peach- gold color on your cheeks.

However, if you have a heavy hand and you apply too much of this, you might end up looking sunburned. Well, that doesn't look very appealing so be sure to apply at least two swipes only. The amount to be applied is also different for fair- skinned ladies.

Here's Luster on my cheeks. I do admit that it uber slightly resembles Orgasm when applied lightly. But in person, if you really have a keen eye in differentiating colors, Orgasm has a more pink undertone while this one is peachy perfect. :p

While Orgasm may be blush to beat in Nars' line, I would have to say that it is true that there are things left to be discovered and this is one of those things. Between Orgasm and Luster, I would say that this is my favorite between the two. It just gives you a very natural and beautiful glow. And I uber lalalove it!

Orgasm, well, it's just overrated. But I still love it. Both are lovely in their own unique formulations but honestly, Luster is prettier

I'm so glad I was the lucky one to get the last piece of this blush in all the Nars counter in the Philippines. It's all worth the travel and the money! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion