Fashion

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

PRODUCT REVIEW: NARS SHEER LIPSTICK IN DOLCE VITA

Here's an initial review on NARS SHEER LIPSTICK IN DOLCE VITA

PRICE: 1250PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: ESSENCES, RUSTAN'S, MAKATI CITY
OTHER LOCATIONS: ALABANG TOWN CENTER; SHANGRI- LA MALL

THE VERDICT:

This has scored 4.1 out of 5 in Makeupalley's score board. It has been tagged as a "universally flattering shade" and as the "Perfect MLBB" lipstick for those would want to wear but would want invisible coverage.

This lipstick is very creamy and it doesn't give your lips that nasty gloss- like shine. It just gives a lovely sheen on your lips. This was used by a theatre friend, who is hell fair- skinned, as in porcelain skinned by the way and it really looked immaculate on her which goes to show that this could really go well with any skin tone. I had lunch with her one afternoon last week and I can't help but look at her lips and asked what lipstick she was wearing then I found out about Dolce Vita. She told me that she has already emptied 8 tubes of this shade! I told myself "Wow, it must be a really nice color." I was also sold with the reviews in Makeupalley so I got myself one.

It looks heck scary as it appears dark on the tube but once used, the melting shine just comes off the lipstick and it's sheer so don't be afraid of going overboard!

Swatch on my skin

It is indeed, a sheer lipstick. But apply 3- 4 layers to build the colors. I applied 5 on each because I have brownish- pink smoker's lips so the colors are having quite a hard time showing up.

Nars Dolce Vita on my lips

Here's me wearing Dolce Vita. It pays off as a sheer dusty rose lipstick with a slight pink undertone that REALLY looks natural.

Overall, this is a good product. It is INDEED, the PERFECT MLBB color. I ust love how it eradicated my brownish- pink lips due to smoking! It just gave that nice color that looks very natural. Even hubby told me, "Your lips look beautiful with just that hint of shine." Hihi. He doesn't know that I'm wearing lipstick. :D


*HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS? WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRY THIS LIPSTICK?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion