Fashion

Monday, September 7, 2009

land girls

[outfit+post.bmp][land+girl.bmp]
floral romper and leather belt, beyond retro. elbow patch cardigan, topshop.

The end of last week saw me channeling the land girls of World War Two. My own adapted version of course, for as much as I'd love to be the owner of some brown dungarees or work trousers, a wooly cardigan with elbow patches had to suffice. I tried my hand at pinning the front sections of my hair back with kirby grips, popped on some red lippie and contemplated changing my name to Nettie, or Dot.

The BBC has scheduled a happy coincidence for my nostalgia in the form of a new 5 part drama unsurprisingly called "Land Girls". The reviews seem to approve, so with luck the mini-series will be able to provide my sartorial tastebuds with more in the way of overalls, welly, and headscarf combos.

(Brits, hit the record button for BBC1 from 5.15 tonight!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion