Fashion

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

PAUL AND JOE LIGHT CREAM FOUNDATION N (50)

Here's my initial review on PAUL AND JOE LIGHT CREAM FOUNDATION N (50)

PRICE: 1875PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: RUSTAN'S, MAKATI
OTHER LOCATIONS: ?

SITE DESCRIPTION: Soft texture & instantly melts onto skin Contains rich moisturizing properties Ensures a dewy, sensuous skin Makes skin feel fresh & comfortable Leaves you a beautiful appearance


THE VERDICT:

This foundation has scored 4.5 in Makeupalley's scoreboard and is a much- loved product by one of the most popular beauty bloggers, Fuzkittie. 

Due to the hype, I decided to try it myself.

I got the shade 50, because it's the shade perfect for morenas and medium- dark skinned ladies. For reference, I'm a MAC NC42 and I could assure you that this perfectly goes well with my facial and neck skin tone. This is the second to the darkest shade, which is 60.

Swatch on my hand

Indeed, the product is contained in a gorgeous bottle that will look absolutely beautiful as a display on your dresser. It's in a glass bottle that is obviously French Style- inspired. The bottle cap is also cute. However, it slightly heavy (but not disturbingly heavy) so expect this to add a bit of weight on your bag.

What sucks is it doesn't have any applicator or even a spatula. The only way to get this foundation out of the bottle is to actually pour it on the palms of your hands which can be quite messy. Be careful also because this can cause a major waste once you accidentally push it off from a table top!

So here's the foundation when I applied it on my skin. Again, for reference, I have oily skin, and this foundation has some oil in it so look at my face after I applied it on. It looks disgustingly shiny and it really feels oily to touch. But of course, I haven't set it with powder yet. I applied a mattifying primer and a moisturizer underneath.

The foundation consistency is a semi- thick liquid that goes well on your skin once applied. It doesn't run- off like water, thanks to it's semi- thick consistency. I also suggest that you use your fingers when blending because this way, you can control the coverage, whether you want it sheer or dramatic. Also, once it is blended well, it just disappeared into my skin, which makes the statement "just like your second skin" promise true to its users.

You can also use a sponge if you don't want the product to stain your hands.

The coverage of this foundation can go from sheer to dramatic because it gives a medium- heavy coverage.

The reason behind the oil- like feel and look of this foundation is because it aims to give your face a "Dewy look", rather than making it look matte and solid, which is the aim of the improvement of this formula, the Light Cream Foundation S, which is contained in a white bottle with a small hole at the tip, which makes foundation application more convenient.

However, Since I have combination skin, this has the tendency to feel and look oily on your skin so make sure you prep your skin properly before applying this foundation.

After setting it with powder, I noticed that it still has a bit of sheen (not shine) which seems to me, is the "dewy" promise of the foundation. Well, all I could say is it looks good! It's a fresh take on my make- up look. I always prefer my face matte that's why I'm lovin' MUFE'S HD Foundation. So the "Dewy face look" is rather a fresh and interesting effect for me.

So here's my face after 5 hours. It still looks dewy on the picture. I didn't retouch my powder after 5 hours. The reason is I was home during this time, so I would be washing my face afterwards. But, my face feels a bit oily, but not "BAD OILY". Here's the thing, it feels oily after touching my forehead, but when I looked at my face on the mirror, it looks dewy. Well, that's better rather than looking oily. I also love that it still offers good coverage. My skin still looked flawless and better after 5 hours. 

One con of this product is, since my face persists on producing shine, it can run off a bit if you try wiping your face with a tissue, cloth or your fingers. All I could suggest to remedy this is to always keep a powder in hand so that your face will still look fresh. But don't worry, this foundation can last up to 4-5 hours before you retouch again.

The sheen may look like "oil" if you take a closer look at your face but if you're looking at your face from a farther view, your face will look dewy. Well, maybe the shine factor is the actual oil my face excretes.

Will I buy this again? No. Oil- based skin foundations kinda' works well on my skin but I want to try the water- based ones for experimentation. Also, I'm not liking that it feels oily. Although I'm lovin' the dewy look it gives, a bit of oil from my face can give a slight different effect on the foundation. This may work well on dry skin because the oil can give nourishment to dry patches and would work absolutely well on normal skin.

I should've bought the Light Cream Foundation S, the mattifying one.

But nevertheless, this is a good product, but not HG material for me.

But don't blame the product, it can be great, ya know? It's just that my face is a small oil mine. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion