Fashion

Saturday, September 5, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MAC EYESHADOW IN ELECTRIC EEL

Here's an initial review on MAC SATIN EYESHADOW IN CLARITY


PRICE:850PHP

PLACE BOUGHT: MAC WEBSITE (THROUGH PRE- ORDERING)



THE VERDICT:


I decided to get this along with the Electra eyeshadow because I've bee lemming for this for quite some time now. I've seen how lovely this color is based on the pics on the internet of some beauty bloggers who have this eyeshadow color. I was choosing between this color and Clarity, a bright blue eyeshadow from MAC as well. I decided to go for this because I'm afraid that the Matte2 variant will have a chalkier texture than the matte variants.


MAC'S Electric Eel Eyeshadow is in the Satin variant. This is my first time to own a satin eyeshadow from MAC too. The Satin variants have slight shimmer that's almost unnoticeable but just like the frost variants, the texture is buttery and it's quite easy to spread the color. It has good pigmentation too. It could even pass as a matte eyeshadow. The only difference is, the Matte variants look really solid and flat.


It looks scary on the pan because it's a neon blue color. But to my surprise, this color is actually wearable and I love how it makes my peepers stand out. You can apply a sheer amount or build it for an intense color.


Swatch

Here's an eye swatch. I applied an intense amount of Electrice Eel on my eyes, It pays off as a lovely sea blue color


Blend it with darker blue colors for a lovely denim- look on your eyes. Tame down the sides with black if you want to wear this color during night time.


I'm loving the Satin variant and looking forward to more Satin eyeshadows from MAC. This, along with Starflash are definitely my favorite eyeshadow formulas by MAC.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion