Fashion

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

THE BEAUTY JUNKEE IN THE KITCHEN: GARLIC AND ROSEMARY CRUSTED CHICKEN WITH ITALIAN SALSA

I've been watching a lot of cooking shows lately and I am more inspired to create my own meals now because there are some contestant chefs in the shows that I've been watching who made it to the top without even going through formal culinary lessons. It just goes to show that talent (cooking) can be innate, ergo, it should be cultivated. And it's also a matter of having a good taste and passion for food to be able to create lovely and sumptuous dishes.

I was in the mood to cook my own dinner last night so here's what I've come up with:

I'd like to call my recipe: GARLIC AND ROSEMARY CRUSTED CHICKEN WITH ITALIAN SALSA.

The Italian Salsa is made of tomatoes, olives, capers, onions and garlic sauteed to almost a semi- puree texture.

THE COOKING LIST:

CHICKEN FILLET (BREAST PART, THE LEANEST PART WITH LESSER FAT)
TOMATOES
OLIVES
CAPERS
ONIONS
CLOVE GARLIC (TO BE DICED AND SLICED)
GARLIC CHIPS (I USED THE MCCORMICK BRAND, THE MORSEL- LIKE GARLIC CHIPS IN THE BOTTLE)
CANOLA OIL OR OLIVE OIL (HEALTHIEST COOKING OILS WITH GOOD FAT)
ROSEMARY (FOR MARINATING)
POWDERED BLACK PEPPER
ROCK OR IODIZED SALT (TO TASTE. DON'T GO OVERBOARD!)


Marination process of the chicken

START COOKING!:

1. CUT CHICKEN FILLET PORTIONS ACCORDING TO YOUR PREFERENCE. RUB EACH SLICE WITH JUST A BIT OF ROCK SALT FOR A DASH OF TASTE (THAT'S WHAT IT'LL MAKE THIS RECIPE LOW IN SODIUM). RUB THE FILLET WITH POWDERED BLACK PEPPER, GARLIC CHIPS AND ROSEMARY. SET ASIDE IN THE FRIDGE SO THE INGREDIENTS WILL SOMEHOW SETTLE ON THE CHICKEN WHILE YOU'RE COOKING THE SALSA

2. CHOP THE TOMATOES, ONIONS, GARLIC AND OLIVES AND SET THEM ASIDE. MAKE SURE THE VEGGIES ARE IN SMALL- SIZED SQUARES SO THEY COULD BE COOKED EASILY.

3. HEAT A FRYING PAN THEN POUR CANOLA OR OLIVE OIL. HEAT THE OIL THEN SAUTE THE ONIONS AND GARLIC. NEXT, PUT THE OLIVES AND CAPERS AND LASTLY, THROW IN THE TOMATOES.

4. SAUTE THE TOMATOES, OLIVES, ONIONS, GARLICS AND CAPERS AT AROUND 10 MINS. IN THE PAN SO IT'LL SOMEHOW HAVE A SEMI- PUREE CONSISTENCY. TO BE ABLE TO ACHIEVE THIS, MAKE SURE THE TOMATOES ARE TOO COOKED SO THEY'LL SOMEHOW MELT IN THE PAN, CREATING A SEMI- STICKY JUICE FOR THE SALSA.

5. AFTER 10 MINS., TAKE OUT THE SALSA AND SET IT ASIDE. MAKE SURE IT HAS THE CONSISTENCY OF THE STICKY SALSAS USED AS DIPS FOR NACHOS.

6. HEAT ANOTHER FRYING PAN. THEN POUR CANOLA OR OLIVE OIL. AFTER THE OIL IS HEATED, PUT THE CHICKEN SLICES. USE THONGS FOR EASIER TOSSING AND TURNING. THE DONENESS DEPENDS ON YOUR LIKING. IT'S BEST TASTING WHEN THE SIDES OF THE CHICKEN HAVE TURNED TO GOLDEN BROWN.

7. TAKE OUT THE CHICKEN AND DRAIN THE OIL BY PUTTING THEM ON TABLE NAPKINS ON TOP OF A PLATE. THIS WAY, YOU'LL TAKE IN LESS OIL IN THE BODY SO THAT MEANS LESSER FAT.

8. ARRANGE THE CHICKEN IN ANOTHER PLATE THEN PUT SOME OF THE SALSA ON TOP OF THE CHICKEN SLICES.

9. ENJOY! :D

COOKING AND PREPARATION TIME: AROUND 30 MINUTES

**IF YOU'D LIKE TO EAT THIS WITH RICE, THE BEST DIETER'S BET IS BROWN RICE OR IF YOU WANT TO EAT THIS RESTAURANT STYLE, COOK COUSCOUS AND PLACE THE SLICES ON TOP OF THE COUSCOUS.

Here is the finished recipe.

**This is good for dieters. I'm on the ABS POWER DIET  so I've been fond of cooking meals for myself. I assure everyone that this is low in fat and sodium, ergo, good for the belly and weight. It tastes like diet food, but it's still great!

So here is the closer look of the recipe. The chicken fillet served as the bed for the salsa. Both make lovely music together! :D

Yummy! I just had a good fill. The serving might be small but it does make you quite full. I wish I have couscous last night so I could've had a fabulous mediterranean fusion dish!

Look at my two babies, they are begging to have a taste of my dish!

MOM'S VERDICT:
"MASARAP."

**I'll be posting some of my food creations here in the next few posts! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion