Fashion

Friday, September 4, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MAC FROST EYESHADOW IN ELECTRA

Here's an initial review on MAC FROST EYESHADOW IN ELECTRA

PRICE: 850PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: MAC COSMETICS WEBSITE (THROUGH PRE- ORDERING FROM MAKEUPVALLEY)
OTHER LOCATIONS: MAC OUTLETS IN THE PHILIPPINES

THE VERDICT:

I am a fan of the Frost line of MAC's eyeshadows because they serve as excellent highlighters for the eyes. Another great thing, the colors are very pigmented, especially for the cream and off- white colors. They show up on the lids, unlike other highlighting eyeshadows from other brands that appear too sheer on the eyes, yet overloading your lids with just tons of glitter, but not color. Frost variants of MAC are the exact opposites of these.

I've been wanting to get a silver eyeshadow. Before, I was looking for the Silverthorn by the Rose Romance Collection but it already went out of stock. I was torn between Crystal and Idol Eyes. I was asking for Electra but it was out of stock as well so I ended up with Idol Eyes because it's the silver color that I could find because Crystal appears a bit silver- lilac to me.
Sadly, the luster variants weren't really impressive for me.

Anyhoo, I pre- ordered MAC eyeshadows and Electra is one of the two.

The first time I swatched Electra in Glorietta's MAC branch, I was a bit afraid of the color because It appeared too strong on my skin. I thought that it would have the same effect on my eyes, making it seem I have steel lids that will look VERY unnatural. :D

I was basically trying my luck upon purchasing this and turns out that I was wrong after all. It was a lovely silver eyeshadow that can go from sheer to a dramatic silver color, depending on how much you apply on your lids. 

Electra on my lids when applied lightly
 
I think the color will very well suit a smokey- eye look. It will also be a great highlighter for the lower lash line and for the tear duct. It just gives off a wonderful pigmented pay- off.

No regrets for my Electra eyeshadow! This pot will last me long and I've finally found a silver eyeshadow that can possibly be a stash staple. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion