Fashion

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wunderkind

The best Paris Fashion Week memories are always the unexpected ones. As I was daydreaming today (erm...working), I couldn't help but think back on Wunderkind's RTW collection. The German label treated its audience to a pret-a-porter of naturalism and abstract art. Oversized dressage hats paired with fitted riding coats anchored the collection with geometric jockey squares and animal screenprints clinching the equestrian pastoral look. Square shaped tunics, pinched shoulders, cone jodphurs and rectangular box pleats kept true to abstract art inspiration while backwards-wrapped obi coats, exaggerated skirts and structural use of draping showed real design prowess. Although I failed to earwig on thoughts from Vogue fashion features editor Harriet Quick who was seated beside me, I'm sure her presence speaks volumes of the label's growing potential.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion