Fashion

Monday, April 27, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ELIANTO EYESHADOWS (RATING 7)

ELIANTO EYESHADOW PALETTE OF 20

THE EYESHADOWS COSTED ME: 119PHP EA.X20 POTS= 2380PHP
THE PALETTE COSTED ME: AROUND 420PHP+
TOTAL COST: 2800PHP+
WHERE: SM MALL OF ASIA
YOU CAN FIND THIS AT: SM NORTH THE BLOCK, SM MALL OF ASIA, LANDMARK, SM MEGAMALL

THE LOW- DOWN:
If there's one product that you'll love and at the same time hate by elianto, it's their eyeshadow line. They have a gorgeous buffet of eyeshadow shades per color ranging from matte to glitter-ed ones. Some are highly- pigmented, some are not. Best for everyday wear because of it's light coverage and best used professionally when applied with water. But in my case, i hate it when i have to put water in my eyeshadows.

THE REVIEW:
Well, not bad for 119php per pot. My personal favorites are the golden yellow, olive green, purple, peach pink and navy blue. These colors have been made when the chemists at Elianto were eager to work. The latter, well, were made when they were slacking off or relaxing. Some colors are just not worth my money, but will do me fine in some cases. The golden yellow is perfect for highlighting. I love it when I use it under my eyes because it brings my peepers out on stage. The black color has silver flecks and looks good as a black eyeshadow but the bummer here is, when you sweat, it turns to gray. Well at least, that's a two-in-one product. Black to gray eyeshadow. haha!

Sadly, Elianto may have poor pressing machines because their powders crumble easily. AS IN SUPER SENSITIVE. I had one incident where I just purchased a navy blue eyeshadow and when i went in my car to check it, it went from solid to loose eyeshadow. i went back and demanded for an exchange and the worst part is, they have BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND HANDLING, and to cut the story short, i exited Elianto in a very bad mood realizing I've wasted my money. I called their main office to report the incident. And much much much more to my dismay, even their telephone service is awful. I was promised for a follow- up but I ended up following- up myself. It was a very bad experience for me and swore on my dead body that I'll never purchase from that darned store ever.

Anyway, back to the product. I have no regrets (well, a little) with this purchase. This palette has served me well but i didn't get to use every color. I should have saved for some mac eyeshadows. But I love cheap thrills. So I tried my luck on these eyeshadows. Some colors have nice pay- offs but the latter don't. Lesson learned, I'll just buy my personal faves if ever i don't have money to buy some expensive ones yet. And for those who want to invest and try Elianto eyeshadows, overall, it's a good buy. but try your hand on a palette of 4 to test the products then buy another palette if you liked the product. And hey, it's a gift from my husband. :)


I GIVE THIS A 6.5 OUT OF 10.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion