Fashion

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Taken to the (Dry) Cleaners

Let's face it. It's not often that I bitch. No siree bob. Ain't my speed. It does beg the question really as to why I have a blog label entitled - The Bitch; but enough of the hair splitting. Suffice to say, I've got a beef with Grafton Dry Cleaners. Yes, I know dry cleaning isn't environmentally sound. I did however buy that cream linen Jesire trapeze dress without knowing that wet-cleaning would shrink it Rexy style. Damage done and all that, I've been taking it to Marlowe cleaners in Terenure that charge me a bargainista €11.95. Not bad. As I was in town yesterday, I dropped the same guna over to the much-lauded Grafton. Handing in my deets, she rang the dress through, told me I could pick it up today and that it would cost me €16.50!! WTF? It would want to be sprinkled in fairy dust and be capable of fetching my coffee for that. I'm not being parsimonious here. I'm just doing some emergency swag math:

€16.50 x 24 times a year = €396
That's a whole new dress! For just an extra €24, I could get that Stine Goya paragon of fabulousness in Indigo & Cloth.

I've literally been taken to the cleaners! (Cue: drum roll. "Ladies and gentlemen I'll be here all night. Do try the shrimp!")

Credits: 'Rexy' - courtesy of Dublin Streets' Matt Matheson

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion