Fashion

Monday, October 13, 2008

rolling stone

i rarely buy i-D. I think this is because I'm often easily irritated by some of the editorials which often seem to try too hard to be "edgy" and just end up coming out as contrived and pretentious. but every few issues there will be a golden cover and equally golden editorials.

the november issue features my favourite model the Lara Stone, so this is a must.

Some words of wisdom from her interview, most interesting.

Lara's take on nudity..

When I was 16, being naked was a problem, but it has never really been an issue for me. Better naked than wearing really tight corsets. I don't put myself in situations that I feel uncomfortable with, you know, someday my children are going to see this. My tits are not really that big. Next season I might go for a more dressed up Lara, like a librarian or something.


on mr tisci and ms roitfeld
..
When I went to see Riccardo, he called Carine and said 'Oh my god you have to meet this girl,' I met Carine, the next day we were working together and we've been working together ever since.

how she feels about the catwalk..
I hate catwalk because 1) I'm not very good at it, 2) I'm always scared sh*tless and 3) . . . I suck at it. I cannot walk in heels. At all. I'm always completely terrified I'm going to fall over, which I did three times my first season. I fell over in London, Milan and in Paris. I had a Chanel fitting that afternoon and it was really embarrassing. I was like, 'Sorry Karl [Lagerfeld]', he didn't have a clue what I was talking about!


can't wait to see the editorial..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion