Fashion

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Style Secret - Swiss Guipure

I don't get slackjaw too often; unless you vintage ER reruns with Dr Ross or rare Tyson Beckford sightings (LFW: Central Saint Martins - swoooooon!) Suffice to say, Co. Tyrone's own Sharon Wauchob left me fairly speechless with her edgy PFW presentation at the Garage Turenne. As I wrote my notes, I couldn't quite put my finger on the luminous fluid fishnet used in her avant-garde dresses. Backstage, she let me in on the secret - Swiss guipure. Soft and pliable, the clever fabric helped anchor the edgy collection with a softness. Draped over architectural edges, Wachoub was able to create a killer visual impact that ranks her with Haider Ackermann and Bruno Pieters in my fashion week favourites.

Image: Siammuse.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion