Fashion

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

hats off


For every fad, there comes a backlash.
The irony is that often this backlash will, in itself become a fad, but let's leave that thought for now.

As a little backlash against the fedora fad of 2007/08 comes a preference for some "proper" headwear. Think Mary poppins and men in boater hats.
My choice of headwear this summer is going to be the boater, I curse the day I didn't go ahead and buy one from a fantastic little second hand shop in Ross-on-Wye after trying it on twice.

[boater+hats.jpg]

The hats featured in Jalouse March 2009 are pleasingly squished in appearance, they're very much in the style of Mary Poppins. They make me want to create a shamelessly crafty version for myself; some quality street wrappers glued here? A bunch of flowers stuck there?



chloesevigny.info, the fashion spot

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion