Fashion

Monday, September 1, 2008

two years of discotheque confusion; Q and A

Q: How long it takes you to do all your amazing collages. Seriously, I bet it takes forever!

A: It usually takes about forty minutes to do a collage, but i easily get lost in my own little world, flicking through pretty pictures and then wake up 3 days later.
Q: Do you see yourself working in the fashion industry?

Yes, that's where I'm heading. I've always written, but now styling and PR really appeal too. At the moment, my focus is to keep doing work experience; it's the best and most valid way to ensure it's what you really want to do.

Q: Have there been any downsides to having a successful blog? Nasty feedback for example?
Luckily, I've never experienced any nasty experiences with the blog. Sometimes I'll get snippy comments, but I prefer to hear people express their views and put a different spin in on things than to blindly follow the crowd.

Q: What is your priority if really pushed for time - showering or outfit? which would get neglected?

I actually find myself in this situation far too often! I'll scurry around fooling myself until the last minute that I won't shower but the fact that i'm often late just goes to show that sadly i'm too indecisive to choose!

Q: What concessions do you buy when you're at the cinema?
Good question! I've always been the pic and mix type: vast quantites of fizzy cherries, cola bottles, foam bananas, and then occassionally jazzies which i never know why i choose as they're always the rejects at the end. my pet hate is those idiots who rustle their bag thorought the film.

Q: What is your favorite outfit or fashion item of all time?

The YSL "Le Smoking" look from the seventies is important to me. My philosophy is very much about wearing clothes for yourself, and this androgenous look is prime example. Chloe Sevigny is pretty much this blog's muse(!) and I think she is the perfect example of someone who wears clothes for themselves rather than men and looks incredibly sexy no matter how stereotypically "unsexy" her clothes may seem.



Q: Will you still have a blog in 5 years and what will it be like?

It's always important to me that the blog continues to grow and I feel that it is an exciting time in terms of online magazines and fashion sites, so maybe the blog could end up expanding one day, who knows. But that's a long way down the line.

Q: Are you a student or what is your career?

I'm a student, at sixth form college. I study English, History and Art; they're the subjects I've loved since, well, before primary school. I've just taken up film studies purely because i'm such a movie nerd!

Q: Pinocchio said, “my nose is about to grow”, what would happen?

Genius question! "After much deliberation".. nothing would happen? Apart from general confusion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion