Fashion

Sunday, September 14, 2008

post topshop unique dissection

oh my, i had such a fantastic day.

very bizarre to be seeing all these familiar faces from the fashion world, and now I'm back home with things back to normal. history essay to worry about not having done, and making a sandwich for tomorrow's lunch.

i'll have to do an even better update as I can't sit here for hours uploading pictures (my bed awaits..) but I have some cool ones.

so, quickly.. the collection was lovely; very 80s, in a soft fresh way; colours verging on pastels rather than offensive neons. surprise surprise, lots of denim; but it was light, and rather rosie the riveter when teamed with headscarves. tuxes, incredibly sexy feminine dresses and overall a bit of a british seaside feel. maybe with a little bit of colonel sanders thrown in.. i want every single piece. christ, i shall start saving for just the one!

amazing spots; i don't quite know how to tell you who I saw and how excited I was that the women around me are the ones that I am constantly checking up on at thefashionspot!

roisin murphy, alexa chung, natalie press, kate lanphear, valentine fillol cordier, leith clark.
and clearly I was enjoying myself, as I managed to just about surpress my frustration that cory kennedy and peaches geldof were poncing around together (clearly nylon BFFs now, chh..) like they were hot shit. but at the same time, very odd indeed to see cory kennedy in the flesh. I was very surprised to see her there.

of course, i got to meet some of our very own lovely bloggers too. michelle from kingdom of style (down from glasgow with her lovely partner barry who was very good about being dragged around LFW) and susie bubble turned up (in the most wonderful acne sandals..) as well as disney roller girl. we all agreed it felt very easy talking to each other, even if it did feel a wee bit inappropriate starting conversation with personal details we'd read on each others blogs!

alas, i didn't get a moment to take a picture of my outfit; that's what happens when you don't have a boyfriend to be on call to take snaps! I shall have to recreate the outfit in a couple of days.

blimey, blimey. all very exciting; and bloody weird and surreal in equal amounts.
pictures soon!

pics; it's fine to use them, but please give me credit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion