Fashion

Monday, September 29, 2008

donnie darko has taken me back to the 80s


tee; fox and fawn, shorts; kirsty lee's ebay, denim vest; homemade, shoes; vintage russell&bromley, scarf; my mum's, ring; topshop, necklace; a present from abby

for the past week, I seem to have been sub consciously channeling the 1980s. I think this is most probably as a result of watching a particular clip from donnie darko (set in 1988) about 40 odd times for film studies, and having tears for fears and echo and the bunnymen on shameless replay in my head and on my ipod.

the 80s influence finally struck me this evening when i was having a wardrobe experimenation session and without a second thought, whipped this scarf from my mum and knocked it around my hair. and i then realised this was of course an undoubted homage to the topshop unique show and it's bananarama references.

the denim vest is homemade; i hacked into the sleeves of an old denim jacket the other week and am most pleased with the results. considering sewing studs along the front of it..
and the new ring is from topshop, i bought it on my break the other day as i have a thing for shiny animal rings!

the stool is for purely for practicality; i'm sure those of you who take your outfit snaps yourself are aware of the trials of camera balancing, self-timer-ing and such, but then again, I guess I could pass the standing on the stool off as a cecil beaton reference?

the donnie darko clip. i'm in love; it's all i've been thinking about.
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion