Fashion

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

west side

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiA7MiTvSfHPdO6Cq9b9RDLCJXjE4h331oG86ooa1P539I9bW2RKUN-D9sX-zwtniu2aUaycdao-DdtORNpRQPNkWfvu7z0BxKHoz8DIIRRa1ynoJ_apMiRQi77q5jyJgQteooxCTvY6yo/s1600/usa+trip.jpg

Like a true gap year cliche I've spent a lot of time missing the adventures that Joanna and I had in the US in the Spring. I find myself thinking about random moments from the trip without even realising. This morning it was as I poured hot water over a chai tea bag and instantly the smell took me back to Brooklyn where we consumed heaps of the stuff. Lately it's been the California leg mostly on my brain, just before the end when we went to Coachella and had Patrice introduce us to the joys of Denny's. I was thinking about it all as I walked home the other day and I'm so pleased the way everything worked out. When I'm older and wiser (here's hoping) I really think I'll look back on those 7 weeks surfing on people's couches and napping in greyhound stations as one of the greatest experiences as a youngster. This month I've begun saving for Round Two. Here's hoping there'll be enough pennies in my pot come next April.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion