Fashion

Saturday, May 8, 2010

ma belle



I heard this Beatles B-side for the first time the other week and have listened to it many a time since, swooning over the romantic lyrics and melodies that leave you wanting to sway in that self indulgent love sick teenage sort of way. I recommend you listen to it, personally I find it quite unlike their other music. Though this is according to my knowledge of The Beatles which is neither vast nor meagre.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi_GxUXeT__F20Hlg3piMdeUNQoutg9JLy1iA7_xaW-9Hr08UBzmv0TjwuRqSVvfhcjlLYap7HdubuQk2wG_51yaAIgmH6vrL3prc82HhsbhVM__PUF8f9HgKFHlr0Ru6fS8ByJujTYdeA/s1600/one+add+one+equals+one.jpg

I also leave you with those photograph by Kafa Rusalka that I'm very fond of. Last night I had a smoking dream. I don't think I've had a smoking dream since I was about 15. But in my perfectly relaxed sleepy state this cigarette and the process of inhaling and exhaling proved the most soothing action, completely devoid of that tobacco taste I am so unswayed by. There really is little point in this anecdote because I awoke to the knowledge that I could never (thankfully) hack smoking and this brings us back to the beginning, to the photo. Perhaps it could be a little tribute. A photograph to look at and think 'let us live our smoking dreams (as unhealthy as they are) vicariously through this mysterious and anonymous girl who is enjoying a fag with her coffee and staring ahead immersed in her own little world of contemplations and memories.'

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion