Fashion

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fashion Digest

Time - slippery little fella, isn't he? Before you know it a week has evaporated like the word 'tregging', leaving you with a handful of receipts and a few hazy retail memories. Refusing to capitulate to the vagaries of the clock , I've distilled the past week into a few snappy headlines. Check it out:

1. Hosted the first weekend of Fashion Me Fabulous style sessions at Kildare Village.
2. Stayed at The Kensington Hotel, London (divine!) - home to the most lush rooms on the planet, the wafting smell of Jo Malone candles and coeliac-friendly afternoon tea. I may want to live there.
3. Spotted James Brown (i.e. Kate Moss' haidresser; not Godfather of Soul) in a wide-brimmed hat walking a grey poodle-esque dog.
4. Spotted Westlife's Shane and Nicky at Heathrow; or rather I wouldn't have, had Shane not been wearing sunglasses indoors. Petite little fellas - but sure we still love 'em! :)
5. Missed the Fashion Bloggers' Brunch @ BT2 which was a super stylish sesh complete with choons from DJ Dandelion. Gutted!
6. The arse of my new Zara trousers ripped after wearing them once. Insult to injury? The gaping hole could well have revealed my green lace knickers to the entire Kildare-Dublin train passengers. Nice.
7. The sole of my Carvela loafers lost their fight for life. Not even Superglue would save them. A bit miffed given I only got them in July. Sigh.
8. Which explains why I had to get a new pair of tapered trousers and black patent brogues in Topshop. Taking advantage of the exchange rate I saved a whopping €47. Hah! Take that Sir Philip Green!
9. I'm not talking to my Blackberry Storm (in a teacup). This is the second time the camera has refused to work - 1) My sister's wedding 2) the world's most beautiful hotel room of which I have no pics. Grrr.... A mediator might be necessary; or an iPhone come Dec 9th when my contract ends.
10. The oversized mirror in the sitting room fell off the wall - a potential beheading. Maybe it's a cosmic warning about vanity; or the perils of reality TV. I haven't watched the America's Next Top Model since.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion