Fashion

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What to wear to Fashion Week

Now, I won't get on a high horse and act all cool and uninterested, because I must admit I'm very excited to be going to my second Topshop Unique show on saturday. The last collection was brilliant and with whispers of a space theme doing the rounds this one could top the last, as galaxy prints and anything cosmos related are just my cup of tea.

of course, there is the ever present question of what to wear. seasoned fashion editors and industry insiders alike will play this one down; and fair enough too because after traipsing around show after show, relentless waiting, and watching as the novelty slowly wears off, they'll be thinking more about their next looming deadline.

but for the amateurs like myself, this squeal of delight slowly turns to nervousness at the prospect of choosing an outfit to wear as you stand in the same room as alexandra shulman (well, alex..not so much.), kate lanphear, alexa chung, roisin murphy et al (namedrop, me?).

ah, what the hell. I'm off to London tomorrow morning and still haven't packed. I ended up making a "The Row" and Taghrid inspired video instead (the irony of procrastination!) which considering my complete lack of knowledge in the editing field, I'm fairly pleased with.

I may or may not get a chance to post until after the show on saturday, but shall be back with a fun little report and some snaps hopefully.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion