Fashion

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Gaydar Wisdom

I met my friends Will and Joanne earlier this week for a quick drinky-poo and a catch up. I chose to channel Mary Tyler Moore in a 70's vintage frock and almond toe courts. Unfortunately I couldn't wangle a Grasshopper to complete the look. It seems they ceased production circa 1979 along with 8 track cassettes and lava lamps. Hmmm. Anyhoo, the convo by contrast proved incredibly progressive due to Will's well-tuned gaydar. Here are a few soundbytes:
1) Irish men need to invest in better glasses. John Lennon and James Joyce are about the only men who can forgivably wear teeny round specs. You can buy a pair of Prada frames for €50 in Italy. Will has four pairs. We love the pink!
2) Saturday, 11.50am at The National Gallery is the ideal time and place to pull a hot single man.
3) My Blackberry Storm is not the piece of shiz I've been accusing it to be. Will informs me it's Skype compatible which means...free long-distance phone calls! Hurrah!
4) Despite the new year having only started, there are disturbingly only 94 dating days left when you occlude birthdays, religious holidays, weddings and any other events that cut into your 'pull' time.
With this he left for his date with the Armenian, leaving Joanne and I with a renewed interest in the works of Louis Le Brocquy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion