Fashion

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

hot under the collar


"What if you don't want to wear a skinny jean? It's time to go back to a product that has a dream to it."
Oh my. Tell me it isn't true.
Alber is sick of skinnies too? thank god!
And what is this? Mr Elbaz is teaming up with ACNE?
i can feel a sweat coming on..
and i got a hernia when I heard about Alexander Wang and Uniqlo, so who knows what this is going to do to me.
------------------------------------------------------------------
The Vogue Daily article follows:
DENIM devotees rejoice: Alber Elbaz has revealed that Lanvin is working with cult label Acne on its first line of jeans. "I want to bring Lanvin into their know-how," the designer tells The Daily. "What if you don't want to wear a skinny jean? It's time to go back to a product that has a dream to it. I asked myself, 'What kind of jeans can I bring that will be a Lanvin jean and Acne spirit infused in one?'" While no official contract between the two labels has been signed, Elbaz confirms the project is going full steam ahead, with 2009 in mind for launch. And it doesn't stop there. "It's being created out of a need, like how we don't do an entire bridal line but instead have a few pieces," he added. "It's the first of several niches I'd like to build."
altogether now, "eeeeee!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion