Fashion

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

advent season: day seventeen: ink

[tattoos+2.jpg]

i've never had myself down as much of a tattoo kind of person. I was always of the view that if something was important enough you shouldn't need it tattooed to your skin as a way of proving it's significance because it was part of you anyway. And I considered how tattoos must 'date'-how could you be sure that you wouldn't feel the same way about a tattoo as a haircut from ten years ago; that you loved the style so much at the time but in hindsight dislike the aesthetic? however, of late these little thoughts have become less important and I've been thinking about tattoos. nothing serious, but they've certainly been on my brain. one of my best friends is really into them and has religious iconography planned for her arms. she's also just settled on some Hole lyrics to have inked onto her as she's just split from her long term boyfriend. here are some of the tattoos that tickle my fancy. all small and minimal as the armful of ink look isn't very me. a simple line drawing of a deer, maybe an initial behind the ear or the nape of the neck, perhaps three words across the inside of the arm.

i've been fantasising with the idea of getting something teeny tiny inked onto me when I go to america next year. something on the road to signify an important year maybe.

when it comes to tattoos, what are your views?

[tattoos+3.jpg][tattoos.jpg]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion